Ex marketing / branding / or just female?

Hello!

I need your input please! My BF’s daughter who’s basically one of mine is trying to set up an online skincare / make up consultancy site - with a view to earning enough over the next 5 years to start her own salon.

I feel initiative and a good work ethic should be encouraged so I am trying to help.

So… if you were looking for such a service, what would appeal name wise?

Best ever / skincare / looking good / feeling better / what we want…??

All suggestions welcome please?

Thank you!!

X x

Vanessa had a business (before retiring fully) in France of a similar nature which she called Bien Etre Alternatives (she still has the facebook page but it’s only active for the discount link) but it might give her some idea for a name.
Incidentally, the Alternatives in title related to alternative therapies such as magnotherapy (which was her passion).

Spot on !!

Marketing is tough, as a word means one thing to one person and something else to another. Alternative doesn’t really do it for me, as too often means unproven. For me what’a more important is a natural and humane - in the products and the conditions of the workers producing the products. I buy Ethique products, here https://cleanbeautycollective.co.nz/brands/ethique/ and other clean beauty products.

Peaufine?

Clairapeau?

Pure et verte

pas “vert”, ça donne plus l’idée d’être jaloux que bio :wink:

Thanks for the link - the products look great - going to give them a try!

And I should have said - UK site so no need for franglais! Sorry!!

1 Like

Pity that, I was going to suggest Epidermique :scream:

Strap line for the above “Every Body Gets It!” Kinda cool, no? :hugs:

With Bo Po* as an outside chance :joy:

• Grammatically that should be Belle Pêle…? :thinking::roll_eyes:

I think just using one’s name - even just surname - is classy, accompanied by a tag-line.

The son of Princess Margarete and Lord Snowdon is Lord Linley. He designs furniture. His shop in Pimlico Rd is simply ‘Linley’ [davidlinley.com]

On the other side of the road is

A few doors down

One of the top beauty products companies is simply ‘Molton Brown’

Trevor Sorbie, a hairdresser I worked with on a fashion shoot, launched a salon which has become a chain of salons. He sells his own line of cosmetics, as well.

Next door to his Richmond, Surrey, branch is a of a very up-market bakery, which charges eye-watering prices to the great and the good for bread they get for 1/4 the price at the boulangerie near their French gaff. There is a ‘Paul’ handy for such people all over the best bits of London.

Alternatively, a name that has no recognisable connection with the business. This company sells cosmetics at stunning prices. You’d never know it from the name.

What they may not know - or care about - is that one of UK’s leading companies in the industrial refrigeration business is called also Space. Their vans are often to be seen in UK supermarket car parks.

Oddly enough, I dated the woman who bought the Space [cosmetics] franchise in Bath and I also occasionally delivered Space materials to the guys fixing supermarket chillers…

So, using your name as an example her business could be ‘Higginson/Catherine Higginson - natural and ethical cosmetics’

I had a client (Christopher Hodsell) opposite Viscount Linley’s (now Earl Snowdon, of course) emporium and recall HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother visiting his shop on one occasion I was there. Big black limo and no risk of a parking fine :wink:

His dad offered me the job as his full time assistant. I’d already done a week with him. His then assistant said, “I’m off. He likes you. He’ll offer you the job”.

I still have the postcard that Tony (yes - well, in showbiz …) sent me. “Christopher. Do drop me a line, tell me who you are and what you do.”

Next time I bumped into him in the newsagents we both used, I reminded him that he must know, as I’d done a week with him already - but sorry, I’d just launched Nation’s Locations transport/logistics.

But he didn’t give up. I got a call from his office PA. “Chris, can you think again. We do need someone who ‘knows how to behave’…”

The model on that week’s shoot was the delightful Jane Asher. At the end of each day I would drop her home and collect the next day’s clothes, collect her next morning …

Meanwhile, the stylist was staying overnight with Tony at the location, his country house in Sussex.

Each morning she have a good old therapeutic moan, "Oh Chris! It’s murder. He gets drunk and turns dreadfully maudlin… "

Oh what circles we mixed with :rofl:

Except you have to have some faint idea who these people are…apart from the Queen Mum I have not a clue.

Viscount Linley is the son of Princess Margaret (the sister of Queen Elizabeth II) and Amthony Armstrong-Jones (the first Earl of Snowdon a title bestowed on him on marriage to Margaret).
Viscount Linley succeeded the Earldom on the death of his father.

Just names to me…I tend to remember people for what they have done (bad as well as good sadly) and not because of their lineage. There was a Snowden who was a photographer - innovative at one time but rather repetitive portraits I recall. Guess that was him.

while we’re swapping stories…

I took a message for my boss… “Frans gobbledygook” phoned and he says he’ll call you at home tonight. …

my boss roared with laughter… Frans ??? gobbledygook???..
Ooops… seems it was Prince somebody or another…with a heavy foreign accent…

:upside_down_face: :roll_eyes:

Snowdon was a superb photographer. His reportage work was wonderful. His photo story of Russian mental hospitals for the ST, in the days it was a real newspaper, was revelatory and heartbreaking.

His portrait work was not as strong and he should never have been offered fashion work.