Exchange Rate £ to € 2021/2022

I don’t know why but Friday lunchtime is normally a good time.

The pain! Have been waiting a month for it to go up, and declined a ‘blip’, couldn’t believe it would be just down and down…

50 euro’s on 1K - well I guess it’s only one restaurant trip. At least the rate for taxes next year will be low!

Up to what? It touched 1.20 during the the previous month. Sadly dropped back now but we got in around 1.19

Yes, up to 1.20 - I got three revolut 1K exchanges in at that rate. Thought - well hoped really - it might stick around that.

Maybe new strategy should be to buy some euro each month regardless.

On a positive note, there’s commentary that the ‘final straw’ might have been N. Sturgeons’s announcing the push for a referendum and a Scotland in the EU - yay!
Perhaps I’ll get my EU citizenship back through the Scottish route. :slight_smile:

The likely 10% CPI pension uplift won’t however compensate for my still [personal pension lump sum] sterling pension euro housefund depreciation…

1 Like

At the time of the last referendum the £ dropped a fair bit.

Just FYI it always seems to dip quite a lot in August.

2 Likes

Crazy,

£ dropped 1.2% yesterday, up 1.2% right now, because US fed raised interest rates 0.75%

Hows one supposed to do retirement planning?

Maybe BOE will also raise rates 0.75% and help me along - I doubt it…

If the £ reaches 1.20 again, I’m buying 200K, sod revolut’s 1K / month no exchange fee.

Very nice to have £200K to transfer, but OTH, that’s an awful lot of café allongés - might be a bit much for the old ticker :wink:

In today’s rollercoaster environment, the only thing you can be sure of is that night follows day. Exchange rate is one thing, but stocks are in a world of their own! I console myself with the fact that the ‘dust always settles’ finally, and fingers crossed this time is no different! I think modern day life has alot to answer for, with social media spreading information at warp speed to the world’s population permanently on the move round the globe! Will we ever get stability back???:thinking::thinking::thinking:

If you go onto 9ne of Revolut’s paid packages there is no limit on FX.

Yes, it’s the house / (and now also car) fund!

The personal pension is all in cash to keep it safe - and has lost a little bit. Had I had it in stocks it would have gone up 10% alone in 2020 I think… Now it’s purchase power is reducing by 10% a year for inflation, unless France house prices are also going down? :roll_eyes:

Thanks for reminding me - yes I’ll do that when ready to do the ‘big’ house transfer.

I recall someone was buying a house a few months ago and they managed lo lock in at ‘a favourable rate’ - lucky!

Many years ago now on a visit to ur home town to do some banking business we were persuaded to open a savings account. We did, reluctantly, with 32p. After all thse years it still has 32p in it with no interest ever added.

But just wondering if the exchange rate doesn’t pick up soon, and interest rates rise, as they are doing, perhaps transfer some money into that rather than buying Euros. Just a thought. :thinking:

Be careful with Rev for sudden large transactions especially if that"s not your pattern. I think even Graham will agree with me there is a risk your funds get held up while money laundering questions are asked and answered and this can take a long time. For that kind of sum it could be worth getting 2 or 3 quotes. I can’t remember what Rev’s new fees scale is but it’s more than last year.

1 Like

@larkswood12

quite… may be best to contact support in-app beforehand to seek advice on anything out of the ordinary to avoid issues.
OTOH, if you have a significant amount to transfer, someone like TorFX might be a better bet since they will do all the MLR checks and due diligence for you.

A pleasant jump, and hopefully bodes well :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like