Expectations and surprises, looks

(Véronique Langlands) #1

Talking to a person I vaguely know, she mentioned she’d had a fair bit of work done as a child, ears pinned back, patch to correct squint, brace to bring jaw forward and sort out teeth. She looks perfectly normal, great even.
OK.
So far no big deal, but then I thought uh-oh what happens when this person pops out a baby who looks just like her before any tweaking, ie a squinting chinless wingnut - bit of a shock to the system don’t you think? Not to mention having to deal with tactful remarks like who on earth does that baby take after?
Of course I was far too tactful myself to share my musings with the person concerned so I thought I’d raise it here instead, v discreet. ( flippancy warning re last remark: I do know I am completely tactless abrasive etc etc)

(Andrew Hearne) #2

Happened in China, Véro, woman had so much plastic surgery to look wonderful, got hitched to a very rich chinese businessman who promtly divorced her and took her to court when their child was born (ugly as sin)

(Véronique Langlands) #3

Maybe it took after him… ugh. Où va le monde, mon bon monsieur.

(Catharine Higginson) #4

Your post has just officially made me day. Cheerrs me dear!

(Andrew Hearne) #5

droit au mur, Véro, droit au mur :open_mouth:

(Chris Kite) #6

We squinters have always been objects of ridicule. Still, it would be far worse if I was also an Audi driver from dept 47. :sunglasses:

(James Higginson) #7

:laughing: