F1 2023 Season

Saudi Arabia today turned out to be a better race than I expected. It helped that Verstappen started in 15th… Here’s hoping that happens again.

Great drive by Perez, although it was a bit sneaky of Red Bull telling him a target time that would’ve allowed Verstappen to catch up and overtake. Glad Perez thought to check what time they’d told Verstappen.

Also Alonso had another great race. Very impressed with Aston Martin so far. Just heard however that he’s been given another penalty on top of the 5 second one he served for missing his grid spot. Apparently the rear jack was touching the car even if they didn’t work on the car :frowning: This is getting silly now.

I also thought the safety car was totally unnecessary. It was almost like they brought it out just to group everyone up. Verstappen, in particular, benefited from it.

Ridiculous reason for the safety car. Was hoping the dutch bloke (thats me being extremely polite) was going to break down again.

1 Like

LOL

I have not watched F1 for some time now despite being a minor petrolhead, but started watching the ‘Drive to Survive’ series on Netflix that I found absolutely riveting.

To anyone who likes motor racing and finds the weekly F1 parade too much, do watch the series - if that is, you have Netfilx…

I’ve just watched the replay of the Australian Grand Prix. It should have been held on the 1st of April rather than the 2nd.

2 Likes

Watched it live as I was bored, it was a bit of a farce again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Having just watched the uk Channel 4 coverage of the Azerbaijan Qualifying/Sprint thing,
This ‘innovative’ new format for a sprint race was being promoted as great leap forward in developing F1.

I really didn’t get it. It’s a confusing, unbalanced mess. I don’t think I’ll bother watching again

I think a snail race would be more interesting and probably involve some more pleasant personalities. My money would be on The Shell Special - what about you?

1 Like

As I said on the previous thread, bake off is more exciting and better run.

2 Likes

I agree that it’s messy. I wasn’t a fan of the old way of having sprint races, but this year they’ve managed to make it even worse. They should just bin it off and go back to normal qualifying on Saturday and race in Sunday.

I sort of lost interest in F1 when the secondhand car salesman and the fascist’s son took over. I was always more a rallying man myself. Though I did provide laptops to Jordan for telemetry in 1991 :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Nice suite :slightly_smiling_face: a IBM PS2 L40 SX ?.

1 Like

What’s annoying for me is moving qualifying to Friday afternoon when people around Europe are still at work. I want to watch it live.
Izzy x

1 Like

I’ll stick with WSB and Motogp to actually see racing.

The only good thing was watching the dutch **** getting upset because someone dared to overtake him🤣

1 Like

I should have straightened my tie :face_with_hand_over_mouth: That was Jordan’s 1991 staff and friends Christmas party at Silverstone. Eddie played drums with the band.

He’s so whiny… He was complaining on the radio straight away telling the team to report him to race control :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: