Fake News & media manipulation

OH got the number of passes and did not see the gorilla. :grin:

2 Likes

Perhaps not being able to both count the white shirt catches and see the gorilla without guidance is the point. Whose guidance is crucial and may not be so up front.

For those who are interested (I can post the pdf to anyone who requests), here is a NYT article with detailed description and inside report of Russian troll interference in a 2017 US political movement:

Then, if you read the following article regarding the treatment of Meghan Markle on social media, you cannot but wonder who is behind all the vitriol and what is the real agenda:

Is there an insidious and orchestrated game afoot with “the goal of deepening rifts in society”? Outside of Europe and without a monarchy, how isolated would Britain be on the world stage?

The Great Game enters the cyber age.

I was too busy looking at the white shoes… :rofl: :rofl:

There was a TV series years ago called Teachers and in every episode there was supposed to be a donkey… spent most of the time looking for the blasted donkey than following the story line :grin:

1 Like

Значит, русских здесь нет. Очевидно, что
:nesting_dolls:

Я бы не был так уверен в этом на твоем месте.

3 Likes

Да здравствует Украина!!!

:sunflower::sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

2 Likes

I don’t believe that for a start!

Sure no one of SF may be interested but I’m posting it anyway because we should all at least be aware when we are being manipulated.

“LinkedIn ran experiments on more than 20 million users over five years that, while intended to improve how the platform worked for members, could have affected some people’s livelihoods, according to a new study.”

“ The tests were detailed in a study published this month in the journal Science and co-authored by researchers at LinkedIn, M.I.T., Stanford and Harvard Business School.

LinkedIn’s algorithmic experiments may come as a surprise to millions of people because the company did not inform users that the tests were underway.”

…and the whole thing could have been invented by LinkedIn as a puff for LinkedIn

1 Like

That’s the spirit!

1 Like