Favourite Carol?

For the bah humbug lot - look away now. :grin:

I’ve just come back from a carol service where each carol had been chosen by someone in the congregation and they said why. Driving home (that’s a favourite Christmas song of mine!) I was reflecting on what my favourite carol would be and why.

Too cruel to ask a small congregation in France Profonde to sing it, because of the descant, but I was fortunate to go to a school that had an excellent choir and this was part of their repertoire. We used to have a traditional 9 lessons and carols service at the end of autumn term when we were breaking up for Christmas hols - so the whole event was wonderful and magical. To hear Three Kings from Persian Lands afar floating across the school hall was sublime.

1 Like

Vorderman.

6 Likes
1 Like

Silent Night sung in German

2 Likes

I love carols and singing in general, one of the things I most loved about being a student in UK was the fabulous music I could hear every day and obv college carols at the end of term. The only downside is that in comparison other choirs are a bit disappointing.

2 Likes

I grew up in a house with singing every day. My father was a wonderful tenor. I still hear his voice in some of the college choirs I download from Spotify. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jesus Christ the Apple Tree.

2 Likes

My sister is my favourite Carol :wink:

4 Likes

Just back from playing at a carol service in Wroxton near Banbury. They did mostly traditional carols with organ, but we did a couple of songs in a bitterly cold church.

I’ll post a picture of my favourite Carol later.

1 Like

I think I said something similar when our bay tree got infected…

1 Like

My immediate thought too :joy:

Even better John, Carol Kirkwood weather lady.

1 Like

I suppose that is your idea of a joke.

Well it made me laugh :rofl:

2 Likes