Favourite Picture

How long had you been painting when you composed these Ann ?

Being into photography a little I’ve chosen this picture - a real favourite.

3 Likes

Colourfull and intersting Dan, would enjoy that on my wall! :+1:
Bought Madam a nice wee camera, with a good zoom (Lumix TZ 70) for her birthday, she is now addicted, snap happy! :grin:

Only a few months Glenn, but I really enjoy it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well for only a few months, the composition is ( in my limited knowledge) very good.

1 Like

Thank you Glenn, now I’m blushing :blush::blush:

1 Like

Sadly, i only have a print, from the N G

2 Likes

Ahh yes Mr Turner, The Fighting T

1 Like

Saw one of his originals, in Quimper, Glenn, of ‘The Rade de Brest’, a big canvas, fabulous :slightly_smiling_face:

If Rochefort is too far Brest is a good place to catch up with the Hermione as well.

1 Like

Managed to catch sight of the Hermione when it was being built… peeped through the sheeting which was meant to hide things from public view…:upside_down_face:

1 Like

It was always open to the public. You got a better view from inside the sheeting.

Actually David… they were not allowing the public, certainly on the day that our group visited a few years back. They were in the middle of building 'tis true… but no idea why they kept everyone at bay…and the whole thing hidden behind sheeting. We picnicked nearby and had a lovely visit to the whole area… so all was well, but some of the group were a little miffed. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I visited the building site about 10 times over the years, it was fascinating. I wanted to see her at anchor the day before her maiden voyage but this was as close as I got.

2 Likes

Shame that David!

There’s always next time. I quite like the ghostly pirate ship effect in this photo anyway.

1 Like

'Tis very ‘atmospheric’ David, reminds me of seeing ships sailing through the desert, but actually on the Suez canal which wasn’t visible :slightly_smiling_face:

Thinking about lighting the fire, can you spot the dog? Sorry :thinking: Need another tuition session from Madam, when she gets in from work. Will post the pic later!!! Or She will :grinning:

Bill, the 75000 T container ship I served on was built six inches narrower than the Suez Canal at its narrowest point. Imagine being a pilot on such a dodgy manouver, or is it so ‘dodgy’ ?

Imagine the power it needed to displace enough water to get anywhere.