Favourite Salads - Tell us your secrets

Summer time is here with a vengeance, and chez Haddock we are existing pretty much on salads.
I’m sure we all have a few recipes tucked up our sleeves, so why not post them on here?
I will as usual put them into the SF recipe book for everyone to share.

I found this in a book and we love it.

Hard boil eggs to quanity required
Cook some haricot verte until just crispy or to preference
When haricot nearly done slice some pork saucisse and heat in a pan. I usually cook with a little oil to brown

I personally put some salad with cibulette, cucumber and small cherry tomatoes on the plate then add haricot, saucisse and then cut egg in half and add to plate.

Serve with favourite salad dressing and some baguette.

Yes I agree - it’s the finely chopped veg that make it. We had it for supper on Tuesday.

One of my favourites is finely chopped:
cucumber
tasty tomato
sweet onion
loads of parsley
in a simple vinaigrette of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

It’s lovely and fresh in the summer.

Not at all - I love the casual approach to food, as it can be a pain measuring out three grains of salt or cubing a cucumber into exactly 97 cubes.
I will post it in a moment - it sounds fab.

You can tart this up a bit if you like Helen.

Extremely simple but delicious starter.

Tub of Chicken Livers (Foie de volaille)
Spinach
Vinaigrette made with Oil / “Vinaigre de Framboise” / Dijon mustard (to suit your own tastes)

Fry the chicken livers to your liking, I prefer a little bit pink on the inside (only takes about 5 minutes)

Simply wash spinach leaves and lay out on plate, add chicken livers and vinaigrette. Oh, and a nice slice of “Tourte”. The local bread here in the Lot.

One tub only does two servings in my household but as a starter I’m sure it could spread to 4.

Sorry its a bit vague, but I never time things.

God I’m hungry again.

Very quick and easy.