Feeling low....I would love to hear your cheering-up ideas

Ladies this does not include shopping therapy in Paris with funds available of 5 thousand euros.

But it can include a session of reflexology or head and shoulder masaage....OR both.

Gets us away from friction about diction and such.

A couple of hours in the sack with the latest squeeze works for me :)

eco.. ciao! :)

ooooh, windows open in that sort of weather :-O

as I'm sure you know Brian, Corsica was one of the hardest hit places in this last snowy episode but there again as most of the island is mountainous that isn't unusual at all and we seem to see it every winter yet again under x cm of snow - one of Jean-Pierre Pernaud's favourites...

now on to warmer things, ARTE have a round france coastline programme on now, just like Thalassa did a few years ago, translation just sent off for tomorrow morning's deadline, kids just fallen asleep, off to get a glass of wine and fall asleep in front of the télé thinking about summer...!

ciao ;-)

Oh no.... My first wife was from Corsica and we went there to escape the 'winter' in Cambridge and London. Guess that was Christmas 1970 and Figari where her family are from is right down perhaps 18km from the southernmost point. It snowed something like 40cm overnight so that we got up in the morning with the windows that had been left slightly open letting snow slicks in the rooms! It was certainly in the range of -4. The cold outlasted our stay by a couple of weeks. Her family said it happens once a decade roughly. We would have stayed in SW London, where there was not even frost!

Have seen snow in Nîmes, Carcassonne, Perpignan, Marseille, even Menton back in the early 90s... Was at uni in Aix-en-Provence where the neighbours pool was frozen for weeks on end BUT in all these case winter was far shorter and sunnier than in the UK or further north in France (also seen much of Italy in the snow too Florence, Bologna etc.) The Med has it's winter just like everywhere else in Europe, as Peter Mayle and so many others found out to their costs ;-)

Now Canada, that's another climate altogether, full on continental for the most part, no not really my choice...!

Absolutely....found the same in Canada...where my husband is from...one day summer... next day..sun still shining...but temps dropped by 10 degrees and its Autumn...though I think the weather is changing everywhere these days....as I said...St Cyp might have the wind but it is by the med and the snow was a new thing two years ago....

too much weather, I like that! Having said that it does mean you get real seasons - I'd forgotten what they were after living in the west country for years!

Sure is too much. I could list places I have worked in and loved their climate but there are always BUTS... Let's face it, we can never actually win!

Good point....as my husband says....there is just too much weather here!

if you want a temperate climate you need to stick to being near the ocean, as simple as that Carol as you've found out ;-) Happy to discus the weather with anyone and explain why things are as they are (going south often doesn't mean being warmer etc) having studied a bit of météo. Dordogne is too humid for my liking in all seasons and st cyprien way too windy with the tramontane and Marin, 300 days of sunshine is one thing but 300 days of wind too is another :-O

Having said that France has some fantastic climates, very different too, you just need to know what you're moving to!

the whole weather thing is quite funny in a way...not sure about everyone else...but we were really looking forward to a warmer climate...earlier spring...later winter...in fact...a shorter winter...the first year we were here, we were in the Languedoc...St Cyprien...10 minutes walk to the med...anyway...December it was snowing...unknown here all our local neighbours said......spring was very, very late! then we moved to the Dordogne...it was May before it started getting warm..our French neighbour kept saying how unusual it was...and now this year...and being snowed in for a week plus...our neighbour tells us this has never happened in his memory...all I know is that the summer temps can be unbelievably hot...and the winters ditto but cold....a more temperate climate I know now, I would appreciate!!!

Well yes Annie - but if you have no Kids, dogs mobile phones and a daily routine and still hate the cold - what then?

At last though - it is warm or less cold

Treatment is genrally much more successful if people are away from their daily routine, right away from their phones/kids/dogs/ demands of normality, in a completely neutral and tranquile space where they canreally let go. Your guests will have that when they stay with you, but you need to be somewhere different. Anything which will help fight the jitters has to be good! At the moment there are so many people feeling blue, low, businesses which aren't doing so well, the crummy weather, money worries etc.etc. if we can fight these waves of negativity and offer encouragement and support things may just start to get better!

Keating Sisters - apologies, a touch jittery having drunk far too much coffee this morning !

Curl up next to a fire, with a nice cup of tea / hot cholcolate and with either the Ketaing Sisiter's trilogy set in South Africa or their one off "To My Daughter in France". Enjoy.

You need to be on your own territory and in complete relax mode...WHEREVER POSS

when you have a massage or reflexology.

So that is why I hope that you can talk to me Annie about coming here to

relax clients.

I hope that I can offer destress...ANOTHER LADY i know of doers the phsycological part.

Why not come for a massage/reflex session?????It's not far.

Annie

He was a star at the BAFTAS too - great script

Very nice story!