Feeling low....I would love to hear your cheering-up ideas

"Like" :-)

It's just the time of year folks. Fear not Spring is on its way.

However Barbara's plight did remind me of the apparently true story of a man in the early 19th century who went to the doctors suffering from depression and was so so low he felt he could barely function. The doctor said "I have just the prescription for you. Go to see Grimaldi the Clown at the theatre. You can get no better tonic. He is so funny and amusing that no-one could fail to have their spirits lifted by him"

"Doctor" replied the man, "I am Grimaldi"......

Simon Cowell you mean? Never noticed he had anything special. As for where the spoon is actually, another question. I believe his dad was an EMI exec who launched his career and he sponged some of his kudos off Peter Waterman early on. Then money maketh the man...

Morning...NO did not hear your MayalL on Facebook but will.

Yes 'PERSONALITIES' is Mr Cowel a money magician?

has he got talent or was he born with a special spoon in his

mouth?

Fry was a star of Footlights in his Cambridge days, had everybody howling when he teamed up with Emma Thompson, Tony Slattery and Hugh Laurie, one of the best teams I have ever seen. Pete Green, yes we have been there already, Gary Moore I never really got into but the few things I know were choice. Did you listen to the Mayall I put in on Facebook? I am still wondering how and why UK music kind of aimlessly drifted into an era of a multitude of boy and girl 'bands' (none of whom play even spoons or comb and paper) who have simply produced a large number of 'personalities' whose main purpose is to feed tabloid newspapers with garbage but do nothing of any merit musically. February and the cold outside is indeed a good time to contemplate...

The AWARDS on Sunday night ...being reminded that John Hurt is such an

amazing actor;each character he has played has been so refreshingly different

and dynamic.

There is something about Stephen Fry....a witty, affable soort of chap who

makes a perfect Jeeves even if he played Wooster.

On these cold Feb nights there is nothing better than drifting off into fantasy

for a few hours. On sunday afternoon j and I played a lot of old "STUFF" via U tube.

I ventured to John Mayall and Marshas mood and 2 versions of The Supernatural...

one featuring Peter Green and the other Gary Moore.
Fleetwood Mac was Fleetwood Mac when Peter was with them.

Gary Moore was an excellent guitarist, singer and songwriter but him upstairs

came with his calling card to play music in another place.

That is what we do out here in the countryside we find pleasure in what we find around

us and the animals and people we come across as we ramble.

Couldnt agree more Elaine....M&S in France...including the food hall would improve my lot considerably...I hear they are back in Paris again....and I miss my gym....I enjoy a long walk every day...most days 5 miles...but also loved ....my daily sessions in the gym in the UK.....the nearest one to me here is over 30 miles away....My UK gym included inside and outside pools...badminton courts, squash courts...steam room and massage facilities....all for £30 a month! sigh.......

Water is important too as most sources frozen

True Nicky

Please do not forget to feed the birds.

If it is already alcohol, you are simply preserving the alcohol by heating it a bit not making the stuff.

You're not making alcohol when you distil the 'dodgy wine', just reducing the amount of water and other impurities in the drink.

Thank you, I shall be eternally grateful for your compliment! Mind you, our neighbour will definitely get my vote in case of future 'events'!

Oh Brian. How could you possibly think it was for someone else's benefit? They did it for their favourite resident - you!

Depends - are you marrying Le Maire or the swivel hipped 6 foot man.... would definitely keep you warm over winter!

Steady on!

Our road was also the first cleared in the commune, not even the village proper got that. Us? No ma'am but the longest serving councillor whose father was the same in his turn lives a few hundred metres down from us... Favouritism? No, who would believe that? ;)

Idea is great, don't fancy the shower in the cellar though or collecting water roughly a kilometer away. I take up our well pump every winter, so out of the Q too. It will thaw sooner or later. I have been several weeks doing fieldwork in places where a shower (or wash) was off the menu. Problem is a wife and two daughters do not see it that way. But would quite like one anyway...

You will HAVE to vote for him next time!

Cor, do not have the 45 but remember it so well, Tommy the Toreador...

Ah the Foo fighters are a fabulous rock band (they were formed by the drummer of Nirvana Dave Grohl after Kurt Cobain's suicide). The men in the shower are the band members larking about :) It's the plaits and cowboy boots that do it for me everytime and the sheer joy of seeing people not taking themselves in the slightest bit seriously!