Field shelters

So…we are finally getting round to this. Still not 100% certain where the best place to put it would be so ideally we’d like a mobile one. (I’m using the royal we as obviously James would rather just eat the horses and not deal with the hassle and expense that my beloved ponies cause…)

He's been looking at how best to make a mobile one, then found mobile plastic ones (a bit like polytunnels ) that are designed for horses. These would be cheaper that buying the materials. But has anyone any experience of using them?

Then...he carried on looking on the internet and thought of army tents.........

Now never having thought of keeping horses in a tent, I'm not sure how this would work. Googling only gives me images of red indians and the american cavalry during the civil war who seemed to stable their horses in tents quite happily but I thought I'd ask if anyone here can think of any cons? There must be some surely....

I have seen some huge army surplus ones that were being sold as field shelters but cant remember the site. I think they worked out nearly as expensive as buying a wooden one though. I’d just be a concerned if you have high winds and the horses were put off of going in anywhere that was slightly moving or flapping.

Oh and it turns out that you can get the ones found on large campsites really, really cheaply secondhand but I pointed out that Brownie doesn’t need a kitchen and separate sleeping and eating areas…