Finding owner of plot

Can anybody please tell me how to find the owner of a plot of land in France?

It is a vacant plot and none of the neighbours know who owns it.

Thanks for any information.

Ask at the Mairie.

2 Likes

You could help yourself and the Maire, if you identify the plot on the Cadastre.gouv.fr website and take a copy to the maire as Mat_ Davis suggests.

5 Likes

Thanks. Excellent advice. :slight_smile:

Service cadastre at the lo cal main Impôts would also be able to identify for you. Be prepared to pay a few euros.

Free at the Mairie

I know its free at the mairie but the cadastre has more information.

cadastre and impots because the cadastre will give you the plot number the impots will say who is paying the bill. The mairie might have a dead owners name and address but not who is paying the bills

1 Like

Use this and you can find out when it was last sold:

https://app.dvf.etalab.gouv.fr/

1 Like

only if within the last 5 years

I too was interested in buying a plot, the Mairie gave me the name and address of the owner who lived in Paris. We made contact but in the end he decided he didn’t want to sell.

I have been asked to find the owner of the plot by an acquaintance who is currently working abroad.

Apparently the local Mairie have not been able to identify the actual owner. No good asking me why, I know nothing, I’m just helping somebody. :slight_smile:

I am filling in the Demande de Renseignements form, and would be grateful if somebody could give me a little help.

Identification des Personnes - what does this section actually mean? What information goes in there? Which personnes does it refer to? There is an extra page if there are more than 3 people.

Then at the bottom of the form Cas General, or Cas Particulier. What do these mean?

TIA :slight_smile: