First wobble today

I had to take my cat to the vet this morning, with an on going problem. While I prepared myself that this visit would maybe be his last day, it was hard to hear the vet say it was kinder to let him go ( my decision) I know I will be fine, but at the moment I’m heartbroken :sob:
Sorry, it helps to write it down.
Take care

23 Likes

Heartwrenching task for you, we are with you and your cat in his/her last moments, and your cat will always be within call and come stalking up tail high, to gaze at you.

4 Likes

Cats do break your heart. But they give you so much love and happiness too, and that’s what matters and what will stay with you. Of course you will grieve, but not for too long. Your puss never wanted to make you sad. :cat:

1 Like

@Lily
So sorry to hear about your cat Lilly :cry:
Never really been into cats - we had one at our old farm before we moved to France which I called “cooking fat” - not that I’m dyslexic - but it seemed appropriate at the time.
First day we had him (he was donated to us) as a very young kitten he fell out of a tree and broke his leg. Over the years we had him he lived up to his given name - Risk and cost us a bomb in vets fees.
Happy memories as I’m sure you will have for years to come. :hugs:

2 Likes

Don’t cry because it’s over…Smile because it happened. Sending hugs x

3 Likes

never die

Take care Lily, thinking of you Txx :hugs:

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this Lily. I’ve lost a few much loved cats over the years and it’s always been heartbreaking. I’m sure you gave him a wonderful life and you will look back and smile when you think of him in due course. For now just be sad and be kind to yourself.

Sending a supportive virtual hug xxxx

1 Like

So sorry to hear this. We have lost numerous pets over the years and it never gets any easier . Thinking of you C&J xx

1 Like

Lily, you have nothing to apologise for, it does indeed help to write things down and also share on here amongst your SF friends. I had to have my cat put to sleep five years ago and for various reasons wasn’t coping very well and after posting on SF was inundated with offers of help from contributors on here, which I gratefully accepted and have never forgotten. Take time now to remember him and grieve in your own time and remember all the beautiful memories you have of him and your lives together. I have my ‘little man’ in the garden in the shade under a rose tree and still five years on I sit by his spot and light a candle on his anniversary. Look after yourself, sending you a hug x

3 Likes

Sending you lots of hugs at this difficult time xxx

1 Like

When we lost our cat Chester we buried his remains in the garden and set a resin replica of the Gayer-Anderson Egyptian cat-deity bastet to watch over his resting place. It has real gold jewellery, and was supplied by the British Museum. It cost bit over 400 pounds but he deserved it, and is a fitting memorial to his life and being.

3 Likes

Oh I am so sorry, it is always so sad and even though intellectually one knows it is the right, kind thing to do it is never easy. Bon courage.

1 Like

Very sorry Lily
I’ve always been far too emotionally attached to my animals

1 Like

Hi Lily
3 weeks ago we had to say goodbye to our dear old friend Dylan. We have had cats and dogs all our lives and loosing one is never easy, you always think that the last one was your favourite but they all were during their time with you. Grieve and smile in equal measure and your heavy heart will soon lighten. We mention Dylan every day and now always with a smile. We are their keepers and they reward us with love and affection and leave us with the best memories xx

2 Likes

All of us cat lovers know what you are feeling Lilly. We also know that the only thing that could possibly make the pain easier is a brand new adorable little kitten. Just be sure to take care of yourself in this troubled time. We are all thinking of you.

1 Like

So very sorry to hear you news, we had to do the same four weeks back with our lovely boy of 15 years. Milo had developed heart failure and deteriorated quite quickly, we knew the moment of doing the kindest thing was approaching.
It was on Thursday this week that I put his beds and toys in a bag to be stored away.
Take care and remember all the funny and loving times you had.
xx

1 Like

Hi Lily,
Sorry to hear you lost a loved one.
I went through the same back in August with my little rascal of a bossy boots / little mate & Gr8 friend. Sending you lots of hugs xx

1 Like

I have had one of our cats literally, and unexpectedly, die in my arms. I’ve had my wife in tears because she came down to find one of the cats had died downstairs overnight while I “tidied up” and on both of these occasions have been saddened by the loss of a much loved pet but not upset, as such.

But having to make that choice, to ask the vet to end a life, or to agree with them that it is the kindest thing to do, however gently, to let a mini feline member of the family go - nope, that one is a different place and I cried nearly as much as my wife.

I am not surprised that you are heartbroken Lilly - it is an incredibly hard decision to make and no normal person could remain completely untouched.

Take care :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Lily, so sorry for your sad loss.
Take care.
Izzy x

2 Likes

We were donated our first kitten 46 years ago and we’ve never been without one since, all of them rescued. some from barbaric circumstances. It’s been heartbreaking at times when we have to decide on ‘putting them to sleep’ The decision has always been mine, and I use the system in that if that pet is in permanent unrelieving pain then it is time to say goodbye.
The youngest was 1 year, (Tiny, whom I still miss greatly after 17 years have passed) and Lilly who was 26 years years old.
I miss them all greatly , and my solution is a framed photo hanging on the bedroom wall where every time I enter the room I see my old friends and often wish I could turn the clock back and give them that extra bit of love.
You will never forget your friend, but the memories will get fonder as you remember the good times you shared with them. Grieve a little then adopt another feline who needs your love and attention

4 Likes