Food & Wine Festivals and Events in France in January and February 2019

Food & Wine Festivals and Events in France in January and February 2019

As there are a plethora of food and wine festivals and events in France, I thought I’d let you know about them. There are so many things I love about living in France but the celebration of food and wine is right up there at the top of the list. There is always a food item or wine to be celebrated all over France. Major events are marked with good food and fine wine is revered throughout the Country. This year I am compiling a list of major food and wine festivals all over France. I will be publishing 2 months at a time, so watch out for the next one at the end of February.

1 Like

Here’s the program for Vézelay Le Saint Vincent Tournante 2019.

Expecting at least 30 000 visitors!
Guess who has a front row seat?

1 Like

It sounds like a really great event, It’s on my list, I must go one year.

1 Like

La percée du vin jaune had become impossibly crowded, and not much fun. However in last couple of years they have decided to limit the number of tickets and make them only available in advance. Plus have navettes to keep the car parking under control. Now it’s fun again… and vin jaune is nice and quite unique as a flavour.

1 Like

That’s interesting thank you, I will add this to my post that tickets must be purchased in advance
Caro

And will you be adding all of the Portes Ouvertes weekends across the Sud Ouest. Medoc St Emilion, Pomerol, Fronsac, Graves, Pessac-Leognan, Bergerac, Sauternes and Barsac as well as the ’ Paille et Ripaille’ 3 day wine and cheese fair in Langon at the end of August?

1 Like

Hi Dan, thanks I’ll look into the portes ouvertes dates