Four months of not knowing, and then?

Of course he isn’t Bruce …you dont get where he did in business being half a picnic sandwich! As I said earlier he’s doing it deliberately to get free publicity and save his own money having to pay for his campaign. Just like Farage!

First rule of attracting ‘customers’ for whatever reason, is keep your name in front of the punters as cheaply and frequently as possible. Our biggest asset in business was having a well designed logo and our company name on a Van! You couldn’t miss seeing it wherever it went, no matter who was in the driving seat!

Just like you can’t miss knowing about Trump and Farage - they like being deliberately controversial it gets them noticed! I don’t call that being a few sandwiches short of a picnic!

Quite enjoyed visiting Dar es Salaam. The typical trip on that particular tramp steamer would have been something like eight months, signing on in Madras, around the Indian coast loading for East & Southern Africa, across to Mauritius, Reunion, up to Dar es Salaam, Mombasa, Maputo (Laurenco Marques), Durban, East London, Port Elizabeth, Capetown then back across to Singapore then, well almost anywhere !

Great fun..

Shirley...if you or anybody else for that matter, cannot see that Trump is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.....well? (he parades his madness for all to see!)

I would have BUT I'm already taken and 13 cats, well had it been 12 or 14 ;-)

My sister has four (and three dogs) and I thought that was excessive. My daughter has only one, but it thinks it’s a human.

Problem is, whoever marries me will have to adopt my 13 (yes,13) cats...

I agree about being proud of being a European. I always have been and it always amuses me the care the US takes at immigration. While I like the States and enjoy visiting there regularly, I find the blind assumption that a Eurpean would want to live there so much as to sneak in annoying. I believe Europe is a much better place to live.

As an aside, I am constanly amazed at how much “stuff” I have accumulated over my 62 years on the planet. My late wife used to get a great buzz from throwing things out and since she died I to have got into the (good) habit of throwing a jaundiced eye over all my stuff and culling what I don’t really need. I’m not as good as she was but I’m getting better. One measure of this is I no longer buy unnecessary power tools in Lidl and I’ve even started to chuck some of my collection of unopened and useless ones out :slight_smile:

You don't necessarily "become a citizen" of a country you may be living in. You may decide to apply for citzenship, but that may not be granted. If you are very elderly you may think it's too late to change citizenship. You may decide to go back to your country of birth; if you have given up your citizenship that might not be so easy. The whole point of the EU was to allow greater movement within the community. You can be proud of your country of birth but you can also be proud of being a European, part of an incredible continent of such talent and beauty. The divisions and jealousies that pre-existed were seen as bad, terrible even. They had led to the death and maiming of miliions and wasteful destruction of cities and infrastructure. We were in short meant to be moving forward.

Oh yes, it will be interesting. Is now in fact.

Today is soo important.

I am hoping for the quiet majority to come forth.

My questions to Shirley were for information, not to endorse Trump. Perhaps she has access to somewhere I don’t know about.

I watch a lot of c-span. If authorities are lying I like to hear it myself, evaluate for myself and not through the prism of news media.

Of course this is not always feasible but at least I get extra ingredients.

I am intrigued when the press lodge onto a sub clause or phrase and turn it into a story. An interesting form of listening which fascinates me almost as much as the contents of the pronouncements.

Outside at the moment a mason sounds to be honing his tools on a stone, which reminds me again how much I love living in the benign ambiance of Masai land where altitude permits sounds to resonate for miles. A Masai once told me the reason he owned nothing was because his tribe was the most highly evolved on earth and he could live anywhere, so could I help him to move to Chicago.

I was tempted, just to show those residents how much independent living they could accomplish and how much they did not need Rahm Emmanuel and his tribe of fear mongering crooks.

If Trump is beholden to the mob. Who has been backing the lovely Hillary.

It’s really a question of which cartel you’d rather have n control.

My point was that if you make a choice to leave the country where you were born, you become a citizen of the country you live in. Therefore it is that country you should have a say in as it's policies will affect your life. I have family in the UK, I worked there as well and paid into the state pension and also paid a fortune in taxes, but it does not make me feel either British or patriotic, even less so now when looking from the outside at the mess consecutive governments have made of Britain, the bad decisions they have made, the lies and corruption and the way the less fortunate are treated. Far too much political correctness and not near enough leadership, no wonder people leave the UK if they are able to do so.

So what will happen after June if there is a vote for a Brexit, I guess more frantic negotiations in Brussels and probably another referendum.

I

Wow, two,proposals already and the referendum hasn’t even been held yet. I’d hold out for the best possible offer if I was you (a large villa in Provance and a yacht in Cannes should form part of the deal) :slight_smile:

I’ve visited and liked Dar es Salam too. When I was running my old firm’s IT Services business for M/E and Africa (excluding Southern Africa, which I’d run prior to that). We were talking to the Tanzanian Government about a project and I spent time there looking for suitable accommodation for my tolk in Dar es Salaam in case the project went ahead. In the end it didn’t but I would have had no qualms about deploying a team there.

I think it’s quite easy to judge Trump Joan, one only has to watch his speeches. He’s an ass IMO, but it seems the Republicans want an ass. Though some of my old collegues, very senior ex executives who are staunch republicans, are aghast. If he does get in it’ll be very interesting to watch. I’m not sure Hilary getting in will change anything too much unlike Sanders. Anyway, today will be interesting too.

My friends in the USA are all asking the same question but also saying the cause is lost... Catch 22 all over again.

Arusha is nice. Dar es Salaam is OK too. Kilimanjaro is probably one of the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen and that is after seeing just about all of the world's major mountain ranges.

The simple answer is to vote for 40 years of known experience of the EU. If you do that then you will see the experience has been largely to the benefit of the UK.

Shirley, do you live in USA?
Will you be voting?
What are your sources for judging Trump?
What would you do if it’s Hillary vs The Donald?
This is a huge question: How to stop both of them during the next 6 months?
I welcome your ideas.

I used to enjoy Lunchtime O'Booze, E I Addio (Sports hack) and E J Thribb and not forgetting Dave Spart and the rest..

A legend in their own lunchtime, as Private Eye used to say.