Fourth Jab anyone? Be prepared for the next Wave

That’s what they say… I’ve never been I’ll with it or had any symptoms…
Been diagnosed positive positive twice, vaccinated once, it was during the first vaccination that my doctor performed a blood test to see if I had antibodies for Covid at the end I had and didn’t need a vaccine after all. but times have changed and now you are supposed to be vaccinated every 4 months. I say this from my own personal view, I don’t need it, so it shouldn’t be imposed on me! Others may need to be vaccinated, that’s for them to discuss with thier health consultant.

I had the J&J and need to get my 3rd jab once I get back to France, I was alerted to it by the Anti Covid app today so phoned my pharmacist and I am booked in for the day after I get back, his recommendation was to take it.

You’ve been lucky then but they say 70% of flu sufferers are asymptomatic doesn’t stop them from spreading it to others though same as this virus

Never tested for the flu, but it floored me for a day, God, did I have the shivers.
As for the spreading of virus, everything you touch the air you breathe… Think about it, we don’t live in sanitized laboratory conditions, if we did and then left, we’re be brown bread.

So don’t you think we should make an effort to protect ourselves and others? Wearing masks , hand washing, social distancing etc? Which includes having the vaccine

2 Likes

My wife made an appointment at our local hospital yesterday for an x-ray and was met in the foyer by a member of staff placed there to specifically check validation of pass sanitaire.

3 Likes

My recent hospital admissions have continued to require a PCR test and has recently been reduced from 72 hours before admission to 48 hours. On entering the hospital, as @JohnBoy has said, there is a receptionist requiring sight of the passe vaccinal before entry to the hospital and this also includes any visitors to admitted patients. I think the same requirement applies in care homes (ehpad) and the like.

2 Likes

All I know is that I have never been quite the same after the vaccines, notably the third, with repetitive nagging headaches which I have never previously had in my life, random sneezing attacks and a runny nose.
Having returned to the swimming pool after a few months break I now find I am getting out of breath. It is more than just a lack of fitness as my chest is tight. It could be anything but I think I need to get my heart and lungs checked for good order.
That aside I will now think twice about having any more covid vaccines.

1 Like

It could be anything though, even that you have had covid, have you tested to find out, don’t automatically blame the vaccination.

Indeed it could be long covid or some such. All my tests have been negative to date though I am well aware that they are not 100% reliable.

I am not blaming the vaccine which of course has saved many, many lives but am saying that I will make a considered decision before automatically accepting a fourth shot.

1 Like

If you have a Doctor or a medical someone who’s opinion you trust… why not discuss your situation/thoughts with them, just to be sure …

I think one of the problems we face now is that it is only “opinion”. No one really knows. As I said above, I got a shrug from my cardiologist whom I trust.

1 Like

A shrug can mean so many things… I’d have pressed for an answer (but that’s how I am).

Our Doc has successfully steered us through some terrible health problems and we’ve come to appreciate his expertise and professionalism.
If he felt " Do what you like/I don’t know"… which is more or less what a shrug means… he would have said so.

However, each of us has our own view of things and we must make decisions as best we can.

And that’s right. No-one does just yet. Maybe they will eventually but right now it’s educated guesswork based on limited data.

2 Likes

4th vax. Should be no problem. I live in the country, and the small chemist in a small nearby village is doing 4th vax if one is in the right age group. I rang to make an appointment, and was greeted with “we’ve got one left over, can you come now?” 15 minutes later I was done. Google pharmacies in your area, ring them up and ask them. Or your doctor may do it.

1 Like

Or just look on Doctolib. Our pharmacy is listed and could book online at a time of my choice.

Indeed. In so many ways, in so many circumstances. I’ve started using it myself … experimentally. It’s going well :grinning:

2 Likes

I hope you add ‘bof’ :rofl:

2 Likes

Whatever … :man_shrugging:

actually, around here, I’ve noticed folk do a mad sort of wave/waggle wrist action ( thumb and little finger extended, other fingers gently palmed) … which seems to mean… a bit iffy/maybe/perhaps not… and I’ve found myself doing it too… hopefully correctly… (but local folk are very forgiving of my errors… consider it part of my “charm” perhaps :wink: :rofl: )