France - Cost of Living Expensive?

@anon88888878…can we have a dislike button? McDo for latte! (Well McDo for anything apart from wifi and toilets really)

@JaneJones

You can always put a :face_vomiting::face_vomiting: around any word that makes you want to throw up…or that you simply … really dislike… :wink:

Aaaawwwww - McDo’s coffee is really nice - they use Jaques Vabre coffee - it’s delicious, well at least it is to me!! I guess you just didn’t like it Jane - never mind. Anyway - the other great thing I like is that it’s served hot!! I love McCafe’s - really good stuff and they serve all day - every day.

@JaneJones - out of interest what was it you didn’t like about McDo’s coffee - too bitter, too mild, too strong, too hot…:-:question::question:

Rarely go to McD in france, too far away, but when I’m in UK I have noticed that you get loyalty cards with your coffee, buy 6 and get one free.

Sadly not down here yet Mark :frowning: but it will come…

Me rant? It’s still valid though - I’m bored with being served up tepid sludge that’s supposed to be coffee. I like my hot drinks (and meals!) HOT and my cold drinks COLD. McDo coffee is always hot.

@simon
Where did you find the info? I looked but couldn’t, I could just find figures per region (“Europe”), which isn’t very useful. Not doubting what you say, btw, but I like to know where the figures come from. :blush:

Vero - there’s a poster up in my local McDo’s - crowing about it!! :slight_smile: I’ll take a pic. I also found this article but it’s a bit dated!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2012/01/24/145698222/why-mcdonalds-in-france-doesnt-feel-like-fast-food

@swmwspir. Unless I swap glasses I can rarely tell the difference between emojis on my screen, so I don’ t use them as I could risk ’ saying’ something extremely inappropriate!

1 Like

@JaneJones

I know what you mean… but if you peer and put your cursor on the “smiling face” just above where you are typing a reply…click your cursor and a whole selection of “emojis” (new word for me)… appears… as you move your cursor over each emojis… it tells you (down below) what each one means…

This is my latest Skill…even at my great age… I am still learning… :hugs:

I love the coffee here, give me a grand cafe over anything Starbucks produces or Costa Coffee or McDonalds.

1 Like

That’s great ! Which are your favorite?

I find most cafes and bars here serve decent coffee Simon, however I have to confess I only ever drink black cofee so have no interest in latte or cappuccino or macchiato. We’re off to the UK and US at the end of next week and I’m dreading trying to find something drinkable as I must have a caffiene shot first thing in the morning.

Buckets of bland tasteless liquid…but then I haven’t been in one for a good while so perhaps things have improved.

What’s happening? Do we have a tech issue?

Ok - my personal favs are Blasco (locally made) and Illy (not locally made!).

I thought so :wink:

@james
Hi James… sometimes when folk hit the grey reply to reply to a post … rather than the BIG reply at the bottom… it doesn’t show which post is being replied to…

So I was suggesting folk use the @name bit… at least that way we can understand things better… Barbara thought I meant her… but of course, it was a general comment I had made… … still having problems knowing who is replying to whom… etc :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Ok thanks, can you all reply to this post for me please to test that? Click the Grey Reply button below not the blue one. Thanks!

Which? Blandness or lack of recent taste test? Has it changed that much, so that would be worth me giving it another try? Although I find a lot of french coffee a bit bland, so it would need to have upped its strength a fair bit.