FRANCE Daily 2022, Passe, Vax, Travel (Update) etc

You’ll be fine.

It’s a pity this has kicked off 1-3 weeks before the movement of people really gets going for summer hols.

I think the 3rd and especially the 4th round of vaccinations were harder to sell because the 3rd one only had partial coverage as it wasn’t addressing the 2 new variants, which fortunately were mild, and now time has passed and there’s no news that the vaccine has adapted to either of those variants nor the new one.

Plus, apparently, the 3rd one lost 50% of its effectiveness after about 8 weeks and its protection only lasted about 4 months?

1 Like

After getting an xray and scan of my shoulder last week, I’m due to get a cortisone injection into my shoulder joint in just over a couple of weeks. And all because the person applying the booster injection didn’t get it right! Very very annoying and very very frustrating, as lost alot of movement and very painful moving my arm. Fortunately elected to get the injection in my left arm! So now, extremely wary of further injections, for obvious reasons. So rather hoping there isn’t an insistance on more boosters to travel.

Hi can anybody enlighten me on the type of Covid test we can use to come back into France after our hols in the UK and whether we can use French autotests? I would prefer not to have to pay exorbitant UK test prices. Our two initial jabs are 12 months old, we all had Covid in January so the 6th month limit will be out of date. I refuse to get a 3rd jab at the moment as I was ill after both initial jabs last June and July, plus suffered Covid effects for over a month in January/February. Thanks in advance for any useful info. from anyone who’s been to the UK recently and who’s had to do a test.

No it just means where there are a lot of people mixing, could be a sports match, a nightclub, a lecture theatre…

1 Like

there doesn’t seem to be firm details yet… other than the suggestion that things will be “as they were before”… so if you needed a negative test to come back to France during the last wave… it would be like that now, too.

This is from the link posted way up the thread…

I just paid £11.99 from here Antigen Fit to Fly Test | Home Test | Only £11.99 – Medicspot for an unvaccinated relative to travel to France. All worked well. If there’s 15 of you I’d agree it was exorbitant, but I’m not sure if there’s a couple of you it’s too bad. I assume from what you say you no longer count as ‘fully vaccinated’ because of the lack of booster hence the need to test? Otherwise there’s no testing requirement for vaccinated travellers I think?

Thanks very much for the info. There are 5 of us so not too expensive. I’ve had a look on line and they seem correct. Prices seem to be less of a rip off this year! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just a word of caution for anyone flying, I’ve had 2 separate groups of friends fly recently and all have ended up testing positive for Covid, despite being careful. One group were coming from Oz, negative before leaving but positive 4 days later, other group traveling from Glasgow to Orkney, ( I think!), negative before traveling, positive 5 days later. All okay with mild symptoms but well miffed as they thought they were being careful😒

People do need to get their vaccinations up to date…

I do wonder if a lack of a 4th vaccine (my 3rd was December) is going to cause travel problems, not to mention immunity issues.

can’t you get a 4th??? it’s 6 months now since your last …
other than that… you’ll need the negative test… and keep well away from everyone.
Sadly, being negative is not much help against anything… getting another jab would really benefit … if at all possible.

Vulnerable + over 75s right now for a boost. Have the regs changed and is a -ve test now required for entry? At least there’s 2 weeks to sort something better value than £65 each in Oxford.

1st July…

sorry… I might well have jumped the gun… if you are considered fully vaccinated (with your jabs documented) I think that’s still ok… (we’re on the cusp of things being a bit more rigid in my personal view).

@kirsteastevenson provided useful information:
" just paid £11.99 from here Antigen Covid-19 Test | For Outbound Travel | Only £11.99 – Medicspot for an unvaccinated relative to travel to France. All worked well."

If you have to provide a test at the last minute… that link might be a help.

1 Like

Thanks. There’s a test service we used for our return back in october that’s around the same price, but for the trip out our test needed to be within 48 hours of travel, and Oxford was the only convenient place to get it done.

is simplytestme stll going? was £12

1 Like

tonight’s figures