France for Xmas

Are they? the rates increased and that could be down to a level of complacency because things had been outstandingly good, that’s easy to see. However the mortality rate is still excellent compared to others. Their prime minister said thay are not near hospital capacity levels and infection levels are not showing an increase compared to the usual seasonsonal infection rates for all other causes.
Then the fact that Sweden followed WHO guidelines unlike us. They are not over 2 Trillion in debt with huge unemployment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-24/sweden-says-it-sees-no-signs-herd-immunity-is-stopping-the-virus
There’s plenty more where they came from
The thing that mostly bothers me John is you seem very focused on the economic impact of the virus not the human I can only assume that is because you haven’t had much personal experience with it. I hope to dog it stays that way

Eddie I welcome your comment and anyone else as this is an open discussion. I would say that I will welcome more than headlines though as they tend to be sensationalist and not accurate fact. I am watching Sweden with interest and from the only data I have found from 10th November the small increase is nothing special as said by the PM.
Is is a sad fact that we do lose a number of people at this time it’s a well documented statistic but nothing like a pandemic level that we saw in spring.
Not really that focussed on the financial aspect but figures of more than 2 trillion does bother me because the Government are going to need to pay this back and that really should worry all of us except maybe the super rich and those on pensions.