France: Fuel Strike and other Actions

There will be no one for the gilet jaunes to try and stop!

1 Like

There was no petrol in SuperU yesterday but it’s available today with a €30 limit. I suppose it may get worse.

Out of interest how much fuel can one store - it’s at times like this I suddenly get quite interested in the idea of of sticking 20l of diesel in the shed in case I arrive and find I can’t fill up.

I’ve got to drive back to UK Thursday, my mum has to go into hospital and quite serious for an 86 year old. So I took the dog to the vet to get the passport done and went to fill up - oops, rupture de gazole. Tried 2 more further away, same story. Now getting worried I’m not even going to get back home, but the 4th had fuel with no apparent limit (fortunately as I put 78 litres in).

I think 20 litres in the shed is ok, and a good idea provided it’s used.

Some of the blockades were lifted today but I guess it will take a bit of time before things get back to normal.

Just filled my car up in Gironde as left work: tanked 70 litres, there was no limit imposed but there were hordes of people who presumably know something I don’t, I have never seen the pumps so busy.

Half the problem is people hear these strikes are on then have to fill the car to maximum and containers.
You can’t make it up how much the french like striking, a taste of things to come under a labour government.

Yep you never get any of this solidarity nonsense under a Tory régime do you :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Don’t be silly. Do they have strikes in North Korea?

Just go home Barrie, you’ll be so much happier.

14 Likes

Looks like it will be quiet tomorrow

I’ve got a ferry booked, nothing on DFDS website yet so fingers crossed

Well I will be at work. Along with certain branches of l’état

Our village school will be closed due to the staff supporting the strike
 but several children are expected to arrive and they will be looked after and well fed
 :wink:

Has the petrol blockade spread outside of the west of France ?

You can click on a few of these
 not sure how up to date

I’m wondering about our local prefecture - waiting for an sms/txt re collecting my CdS.
I don’t blame the strikers for standing up for their rights - the govt. don’t seem to have a clear idea of how to proceed, and that uncertainty is the worst aspect.
If the pensions system needs reform, why does ‘reform’ always seem to mean ‘worse for you, better for us - who don’t really need a state pension anyway’?
It’s always the worst off who seem to suffer when ‘economic necessity’ is quoted by those with a nice little (normally tax-free) nest egg of their own.