Franglais Kids

Hi!

My daughter has only just turned seven and is very up for play dates if we're not too far away?!

Hi looking for playdates for Xavier, my 6 year old son, during Xmas holidays. We are near Albi, Tarn, but will drive to play.

roblafrenais@gmail.com

My two boys and I lived in Aix en Provence. The boys argued daily as to whose school had prepared the better lunch. Early in the morning, as I dropped my younger boy at school, we could already smell the lunch being prepared and my son could not wait! Once back in Los Angeles, the boys rarely ate the rubbish in the school cafeteria that they were meant to choke down in the twenty minutes or so allotted for eating. My boys still reminisce about their delectable French school lunches. It wasn’t so much the lack of choices or not, it was more about the quality of food and knowing that someone cared enough to actually cook a meal for them rather than just provide a load of processed junk. We miss France-even with all the other flaws…

Welcome Julie - there are lots of interesting threads on here so please do have a good look through x

Thank you Herr Watson. Subject for Friday night debate methinks :)

Thanks Valerie - great idea!

I saw a new business on Facebook today and, being a paranoid parent, think it's a brilliant idea so wanted to share it.

It's called 'Safety in Numbers'. They make bracelets, keyrings or wristbands with your mobile number on that your little one can wear in case you become separated while out. It will at least increase the chances that some kind soul will call you and you can be reunited quickly. Each item is £3.50 and I've just ordered a pirate wristband. I'll let you know how that goes but I think it's a great idea for that little extra peace of mind.

For anyone who is interested, they can be found at https://www.facebook.com/SafetyinNumbers123

Hi Catharine,

Thanks. Didn't know that, as I've put competition details on before. I've just sent an email to James asking for advertising rates.

Sue

Hi Sue

Your discussions have been deleted as they contained links to your business which contravenes our T&C. If you wish to advertise we have numerous reasonably priced packages. Please let me know if you would like me to send you a rate card? Thanks!

That's fine Elaine,you had just put the question when I went online and I still had the bookmark for the site! We went for the DP3 with my son last year. We felt we wanted to give him greater options of what he wanted to do as we were not sure how much effect taking DP6 would have on his choice of Bac.

June

Elaine,

The DP options in 3eme give an insight into possible careers after College.

DP3 is 3 hours a week aimed at those students likely to go through Lycee and onto University

DP6 is 6 hours a week for those who will be more likely to go into work/apprenticeships after 3eme. This will be the Prepatoire aux formations professionelles

Both courses will have visits to local businesses

This site gives simple informaton ( in french)

http://www.onisep.fr/Espace-pedagogique/College/Orientation/Le-kit-du-professeur-principal-de-college/Apres-la-4eme-DP3-ou-DP6

June

http://www.onisep.fr/Espace-pedagogique/College/Orientation/Le-kit-du-professeur-principal-de-college/Apres-la-4eme-DP3-ou-DP6

Thanks Danny :)

A = location

Le = Date

query on signing the different sections of the school forms

it always says...

• A....................,le.......................

• Signature

• wot goes in the A...............

• and the le................

• Im in the uk at the mo......

Exactement.

mmm thanks Danny, maybe then it means jump in, when you cant touch the bottom?

'ne pas avoir pieds' means not being able to touch the bottom...hope that helps :)

HELP!!!

Am filling in the forms for school registration, the swimming one has on it some things that you have to tick the box if you can do them but what does this one mean? 'Sauter lá oú je n'ai pas pieds' Google says 'jump where I did not feet' thant cant be right - an it? Thanks xxxx

Oh Peter, that's wonderful his first day was so positive for him. Could have been a nightmare otherwise. Let's hope it's the first of many. That's quite reassuring for me too - Shaun will be starting school (he's 7) probably the end of January, has refused to learn (Je m'appelle Shaun is about his limit) and I was terrified he'd hate it and give up.You've given me hope.

We finally arrived to live (Lot Valley, Dept 46) and our 13 year old son had his first day at our local College, he speaks almost no French, so it will be challenging for a while, he seems happy with his first day, big surprise to me and a great relief, time will tell.
Best Regards
Peter