French Breakdown cover

I can’t imagine why RAC claims to cover “any vehicle of any age” and yet… does NOT

very odd :flushed: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Just checked RAC and they will cover me. They didnt come up on the comparison sites. Its expensive though and it says I can’t be away for more than 90 days in total. How will they know?

After January 1st everyone will know you will be entering the Schengen zone as a third nation citizen and your entry an exit will be recorded. Up to then they may just insist on seeing your ferry ticket.

You could go for 90 days “per trip”… that’s the Annual EBCover … which doubtless comes at a price…

surely you could pop back to UK for the day or so every 3 months… while you wander around Europe :upside_down_face: :wink:

Hi, I have just insured my car with LV and they include 6 mths fully comp insurance in France. And Nationwide with their flex plus account offer breakdown cover continuously for France. I am sure also AA or RAC would give you cover.

Hi Gill and welcome to the Forum.

Our terms and conditions require First and Last Name (full name)

it’s quite possible that you didn’t notice when doing your Registration.

Please could you either amend your Registration or simply put your First and Last Name here on this thread … and I’ll amend things for you.

Cheers

1 Like

I triedADAC again, but this time put in my French address and French bank account details and my application for membership was accepted. Still have to confirm that I’ll be offered membership but it was 127 euros for personal cover for me and my wife. It would have been 97 euros for just me. They didn’t even ask about the vehicle!

I took out membership with them before I realised that breakdown cover was included in my French motor insurance. None the less, we have unfortunately had to used their services twice (once in UK, once in France) and have found them excellent -when the car conked out in UK they even offered to repatriate my wife and daughter to France on the Eurostar. For less than £100 a year, its less than I paid the AA when we lived in UK. (Despite being a German company, most of the operators speak good English!) I would recommend them.

All vehicles are covered.

Got an email from ADAC today in German, saying that they couldn’t take me as a member, because they have taken a strategic decision to concentrate on German residents only. Bugger!

Yes, I read about that on another forum earlier this week. It’s a shame.

The ADAC has once again tried to extend itself, and then reverted back to being a Germanophone only breakdown cover organisation. The last time they did this, they nearly went bankrupt. They just don’t seem to be able to sustain their extra-national activities for any longish periods of time.

Full name is Gill Hunt
Thanks for letting me join

1 Like

Thanks for the update… :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

@cat will sort things out shortly…

1 Like