French Long Stay Visa

After much waiting I received my French long stay visa…phew ! However it starts on the 19.1.22 and I am arriving on the 15/1/22. So many hassles getting the visa I lost 2 flights so to be on the safe side I hoped it would be here for the 19th but airlines changed my booking … so can I get into France 5 days early ?? Or do I use my second passport a UK one to enter as a tourist, and re-enter in two months time on my long stay Aussie passport, as I need to come back for a few days quickly to Oz ? Any thoughts would be appreciated…I have cancelled my flights twice and cant face doing it again …

Where are you coming from? As travellers from the UK can’t come into France for tourist purposes - ie on the 90 day visa exemption. If you were arriving from Australia I don’t think that applies so you could just use UK passport.

1 Like

Thanks so much Jane, I am coming from Brisbane … but have a dual passport that used to be fabulous and I worked so hard to get but is no longer a French asset ! I will use the UK now and re-enter on long stay in April … hopefully that is problem solved ! Mille Merci’s

Keep an eye on this webpage in case anything changes

thank you so much Jane I will, reading the article it appears that I can get the PCR done within 48hrs of departure, so perhaps 24hrs from first departure I will get it the day before as it was so busy on the day of the flight getting it done at the airport this week for my friend who also flew to TLS from Brisbane …he barely made the flight … enjoy your day !