French order on Britons' no-deal rights is now law

This is the latest from RIFT -

https://remaininfrance.blogspot.com/?m=1

Having read this, I was unaware that they are not permitted to begin bi-lateral talks until Brexit has happened.
What was all that crap about citizensā€™ rights then?
The major worry for people on S1s is who is going to pay for our healthcare.
They really are the dregs.

I am 65+, with an S1 and CPAM in place. Does this ruling from France mean that my healthcare will be covered for two years whether or not I have carte sejour?

Apparently those UK immigrant Brexiteers living in France will end up paying at least 10x that amount! Poor darlings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Makes me feel all kind of warm insideā€¦

How have you come to the conclusion ā€œthat as each day passes, the insignificance of the Queen gathersā€? Is this simply your opinion? If not, what is the basis of your supposed statement of fact?
And is your question ā€œWhat is she actually forā€ serious? If so, the answer, in purely financial terms, is revenue from tourists. But, of course, history and tradition are intrinsically valuable.
And the Royal Family and politicians are the easiest targets for people to criticise, particularly by those who like to attract attention with cute throwaway lines without actually putting any thought into matters they are so quick to criticise.
It could well be asked what are you actually forā€¦or me?

2 Likes

Agree with you 100%. As I replied to Graham Lees ā€œAnd the Royal Family and politicians are the easiest targets for people to criticise, particularly by those who like to attract attention with cute throwaway lines without actually putting any thought into matters they are so quick to criticiseā€.
But Bob Sivell wants us to believe he was joking and expects us to glean that simply from reading his post. If those who joke want us to understand that they are indeed joking, they should make it plainer for us simpletons. Oh and, Bob, it wasnā€™t funny.

1 Like

Leeā€¦without wishing to sound offensive, the ā€œgiveawayā€ in my response was that they hadnā€™t yet replied to my letter.
If you, & others, really believe that Iā€™ve written to her Madge expressing these views, then I suggest that one of your nearest & dearest limit your ā€œscreentimeā€ & that you leave the house occasionally & interact with real peopleā€¦
that or try to develop a sense of humour.
Iā€™m indeed sorry that you donā€™t find it funny, but neither am I botheredā€¦
Iā€™m not very adept at the use of emojis, as so many people are nowadays, so as a result, I find myself repeating more & more that ā€œI wasnā€™t being 100% seriousā€

The use of supposed humour is often used to imply an opinion of a topic.

Iā€™d heard thatā€¦
Doesnā€™t change what I think of the Royals.
Iā€™d quite happily see HMTQ, Phil, & all the others safely evacuated, in the event of a ā€œno-dealā€ scenarioā€¦preferably to somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic; maybe even without a life raft.
But that for the moment is, sadly, just a dreamā€¦
I live in hope

Hummmmmā€¦pretty sickā€¦ @Codfanglers

3 Likes

Donā€™t start again Simon
Iā€™m not ā€œFarmer Johnā€
Youā€™re obviously trying for another ā€œ400 commentā€ threadā€¦
with or without ā€œbehavioural feedbackā€ this time.
There doesnā€™t appear to be a ā€œjust leave it, & go play golfā€ emoji

Niceā€¦ :frowning_face: Lotā€™s of aggression there @Codfanglers

I just happen to think that anyone who wishes people dead in the middle of an ocean is pretty sick. Call me old fashionedā€¦ :golf::golf::golf:

3 Likes

Come on Simon, Bob doesnā€™t really mean that.

3 Likes

ā€¦and there we have it.
I really must read up on emojisā€¦
No aggression Simon; simply an opinion that once again has no tangible context, as we are not face to faceā€¦
Itā€™s easy to see any remark as being potentially aggressive, rude, offensive, when itā€™s on the screen.
While weā€™re on the subject of ā€œold fashionedā€ā€¦my view of one of the richest women in the world is shaped by the apparent lack of concern for her subjects, outside of the ā€œ1%ā€
My view probably has no logical basis to it; possibly no basis in the truth of the ā€œrealityā€ of her position as monarch.
But these much maligned politicians, royals, etc., etc. that are such easy targets, are part of the (still, I think) worldā€™s 5th largest economy, & more & more people are living in boxes, tents, under bridges, maybe a car if theyā€™re lucky enough to have a jobā€¦
My own perhaps misguided view is that someone with that much personal wealth &/ or influence could, & perhaps, should be doing more.
Trying to put it into context; if the UK didnā€™t have the ā€œspecialā€ relationship that it has with the US, my fear would be that some orange-tinted president would be inflicting ā€œpeaceā€ on the nation, given the lamentable difference between the rich & the (increasingly) poor(er & poorer).

No worries Timā€¦Simonā€™s just baiting again

2 Likes

Actually, I disagreeā€¦ IMO Simon is not ā€œjust baiting againā€ā€¦ IMO your own post falls more into that category than his does. :zipper_mouth_face:

Youā€™ve made it clear, finally, that what appeared to be drivel in your posts, was actually jesting on your partā€¦ :thinking::joy:

So letā€™s leave it at that , eh ??

2 Likes

Oh dear

Seems weā€™ve hit a nerve with Royalty

Iā€™ll leave you to it then

No, youā€™ve hit a nerveā€¦ IMO by wrongly accusing someone of baitingā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t think Bobā€™s comment on the monarchy was drivel, Stella, thatā€™s not a dispassionate view on your part, such as one would expect from a team member and as an ā€˜even-handed arbiter of tasteā€™.

It was fair comment and a clear statement opinion, expressed in colourful terms. Members of the monarchy are on record as having made ā€˜colourfulā€™ comments themselves about their subjects and, bearing in mind the extravagant priviliges they enjoy at our expense, they ought to expect to be mocked and derided once in a while.

Accepting a small gobbet of derision and scorn (even a touch of sardonic malice) is perhaps the price they should expect to pay for their continued enjoyment of that privilege, remembering the Shakespearean memento, ā€œUneasy lies the head that wears the crownā€.

3 Likes

Hi Peterā€¦

It is quite clear that folk will differ in their own views of drivelā€¦ :rofl: :thinking: Bob has already said those words were meant in jestā€¦
and there is but a fine line between the twoā€¦ :thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

Anyway, being a Team Member does not mean that I have to sit by and watch while a fellow forumite is IMO wrongly accused of ā€œbaitingā€.

1 Like