French quarantine regs

and where they talk about quarantine… it’s clear they are not expecting the folk to be wandering out to do the shopping.

They do talk about quarantine under similar conditions to those in the country the person is arriving from.

What is allowed in UK… can folk in “quarantine” go freely here and there…to the supermarket… or wherever… ???

Listen to David Allen Green’s analysis - it amounts to house arrest, significantly more restrictive than someone who actually has Covid under the current UK arrangements.

But if it is voluntary I can volunteer to do it except for a trip to the shops can’t I? :wink:

Seriously, I would be in the house/garden and not anywhere else except for brief forays for provisions (the UK regs have, as one of their very few exceptions, leaving the house to buy provisions if there is no alternative).

I should also point out, in case anyone thinks I am being reckless that I intend to follow the rules - IF - I travel (but finding out exactly what they are and what applies is not totally straightforward).

I’ve no doubt you will be a model prisoner if it comes to that. :wink:

Seriously though. You can order most things for home delivery… might even be a mobile shop comes your way (we have one at the moment… saved our lives)

I rather suspect that all will be free and easy by the time you are coming over.

However, our Doc was a bit sombre yesterday.
We share a love of classic cars and I was mentioning the trips which have been cancelled… and how we were looking forward to getting the old cars back on the road…

“Wait a bit longer Stella… follow all the precautions… it’s not over yet…”

I probably could do online delivery - but I know in the UK there have been problems with availability of slots etc so am not sure I wish to rely on being able to get provisions delivered.

I share you doc’s assessment - this isn’t over yet and I’m worried that if I leave it too long we might have to return to lockdown and it will be impossible to travel again.

The UK quarantine is a mistake and the government know it so I can’t see it going beyond the initial three weeks. As for the French version it’s entirely voluntary and the gendarmes aren’t going to be knocking on your door to make sure you’re there.

They are current as the borders are not yet open!! Hold your horses :running_woman:t3::running_woman:t3::horse:

I expect the borders will open for normal travel either on 15th or 30th June and if an attestation is needed a new one will be available.

Due for review on the 28th I believe - it’s certainly a mistake, I agree with you there.

If truly voluntary who is going to observe it?

As it happens the most likely scenario, for a couple of reasons, is that I will visit by myself - so it is unlikely I would venture far but I will need to eat for however long I am in France (if necessary I’ll bring provisions) and I might need DIY stuff.

They are mostly held.

I thought the 15th had already been announced?

That’s my reading of where things are as well.

In France (unlike the UK) things are done “on your honour” - a much better class of people here :wink:

1 Like

Good old Nora

2 Likes

Wearing those stockings would ensure no one goes within a mile let alone two metres!

1 Like

Its where she might poke the broom handle that worries me :rofl:

1 Like

It’s probably worth listening to Mr Macron on Sunday.

In the meantime,

Except today (according to The Connexion) the French Tourism Minister said the border would open on Monday.

How surprising! Now I know why we cancelled our subscription.

Why take the words of the french minister for tourism when a non european journalist writes.
Yes the borders as stated in the Forbes artice are likely to remain closed for a bit longer to NON EU.

also in the meantime…

Seems like a lot of Brits have already come over regardless of the rules, there were soooooo many in Bergerac yesterday I was quite shocked.

perhaps they were stocking up… for their quarantine… :roll_eyes:

There is no quarantine Stella, it’s just a myth. :wink: