French tap water "has too much lead"

Thanks for clearing up your misunderstandings John. I will try very hard to make my points clearer and less cryptic in future. I must also try to get to the point as soon as possible. Most importantly - I’ll try not to make everything about me. Hope I haven’t missed anything? Thanks so much for your invaluable ‘advice’ - I sure it will help in my development - woops there I go again …me, me, me…:slight_smile:

1 Like

water fresh from th tap makes me sick. I can drink it after boiling but thats it.

Mate in Scotland said similar Harry.
“Have ye seen wat it duz ta nails, whiskey don’t do that laddie” :wink:

We get detailed water reports from our supplier S’eau and within all published parameters the water is safe to drink. I find it very palatable and refuse to drink bottled water. Living in Basse-Normandie there are lots of fresh water sources and living streams nearby.

We have about 5 metres of lead pipe in our house (from the cellar where the mains joins the domestic distribution) and the kitchen faucet. The rest are copper. I run the kitchen tap for a short while before filling the kettle or pouring a glass, but I have no concerns about my health, having being brought up in less lily-livered pre-war conditions, and thrived on old-fashioned muck and grime, with a robust constitution and a strong immune system to show for it.

Modern obsessions with unnatural ‘hygiene’ have had a very adverse effect on human health, with allergies and other unnecessary health susceptibilités the likely result.

2 Likes

The health threat from the plastic bottles is not a minor concern, I remember a few years ago, an analasis of bottled water v tap water was done, and tap water came out on top, popular brands of bottled water were ‘heaving’ with bugs etc.
All the piping was lead in the houses I was brought up in.
I did suffer adverse effects though, while melting 4.5 tons of lead (ballast) into the keel of a boat I built :face_with_raised_eyebrow: