French Tax Scam

Yes, I got the same mail this year again, I've reported it to the police site, seems that they can't stop it! Ignore, never reply.

Definitely a scam but not a good idea to reply. It just confirms they hit an active email account. You’ll just end up getting more. I’m sure the scammers share details.

Thanks everyone I was sure it was a scam and wouldn’t have given our bank details but nice to have it confirmed…as I said there is a scam here in the UK with Inland Revenue, it’s obviously travelled across La Manche…

Les Impots have my bank details anyway as I pay my tax hab etc that way. When I had refunds from tax offices in the past it has always been by cheque though.

Ah, the offer of money - that's probably what hooks most people. You're right it's a scam. If they need you, it'll be something tangible in the post, most likely asking for 15 copies of something you supplied years ago ...

We got a notification like this too but oddly enough, they wanted to give us back more than we had paid in :-) I spoke to our local office, who assured me they would never ask for bank details per email. I'm pretty sure it's a scam....

Just had a Postmaster notification of non delivery! Says it all…

Thanks Sue, that’s a good idea but I am sure it’s a scam…will try anyway…have replied asking for a cheque…will let you know the outcome.

When we got a rebate from the tax office in France they sent us a letter-with a cheque. I wouldn't give my bank details. You could always reply and ask for a cheque and see what happens.