French Vaccine Programme

That’s how I understand it.

I am in the 60 to 70 bracket and had no problem booking an appointment for May.
There weren’t any before the 16th anyway.

1 Like

Yes - second rdv in first week in June ( 8 weeks for AZ) My MT is a one man band as well ( well one woman actually ) She only got 10 doses so I was surprised she rang me as I’m not in the target age group and I have no health problems. All I can think is that she couldn’t get enough of the target group to take AZ jab.

1 Like

think that’s right, same happened to an acquaintance of ours, Doc asked “if I offered you one would you say yes?”

We are having to wait for 12 weeks for our second AZ vaccination in Cluny.

From Joshua Livestro , Dutch columnist and political writer.

4 Likes

Thanks Graham. Your post was most helpful and guided me to the right links. Much appreciated. I have just found this group and it seems to be a place where sensible people post, engage and advise. Once again thank you.

4 Likes

Welcome to SF @PaulH-66 and I trust that you will find many more usefulnesses in this place, some tinged with humour of course. Looking forward to your contributions. This thread is a serious one but other ones are more, shall we say, relaxed.

1 Like

and probably less sensible :smiley:

1 Like

Ha Ha! Best of both world’s then!!

A quick question. I’m 67y, healthy but as yet have not received my Carte Vitale or any form of social security number. All paperwork (including S1) was sent off to my CPAM office 3 weeks ago. Do I need to be registered in the French healthcare system before I can get the jab? CV application in my region (66) can take up to 2 months to process. Any feedback would be welcomed. Thank you.

Short answer is that no, you don’t need any paperwork for the jab. However, you should get your temporary Social Security number shortly which will enable you to register with a doctor etc and do anything medical that you want. You will be lucky to get an actual Carte Vitale in 2 months as they are issued centrally and seem to be taking a long time - maybe because a lot of Brits are getting themselves in the system :smiley:

PS Like me, you’ll possibly need to wait for another 10 days before you can actually book in for a jab but it should all happen.

You don’t need a carte vitale, so perhaps look around you to see which pharmacies are offering vaccinations as get on the waiting list at the nearest one. You may find, as several other have, that they will offer you an Astra-Zeneca pretty quickly.

If you want Pfizer or Moderna the wait may be rather longer and you have to book by other routes.

There is also the covidliste site where you can register to get e.g.Pfizer vaccine where there is surplus because someone hasn’t turned up for their appointment.

You can’t be serious Graham, why didn’t you say the same thing to Fleur’s last contribution?

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any problem with Fleur’s post is there?
I found the detail on future scheduled vaccine deliveries useful, along with things like the projection that 70% of the EU’s population should be vaccinated by July - important for the many people here running tourism businesses.

(I haven’t seen Timothy’s posts - but I certainly didn’t see anything contentious in Fleur’s.)

1 Like

Sorted that for you Geof, they’re now available for you to see. :wink:

1 Like