French Vaccine Programme

A quick question. I’m 67y, healthy but as yet have not received my Carte Vitale or any form of social security number. All paperwork (including S1) was sent off to my CPAM office 3 weeks ago. Do I need to be registered in the French healthcare system before I can get the jab? CV application in my region (66) can take up to 2 months to process. Any feedback would be welcomed. Thank you.

Short answer is that no, you don’t need any paperwork for the jab. However, you should get your temporary Social Security number shortly which will enable you to register with a doctor etc and do anything medical that you want. You will be lucky to get an actual Carte Vitale in 2 months as they are issued centrally and seem to be taking a long time - maybe because a lot of Brits are getting themselves in the system :smiley:

PS Like me, you’ll possibly need to wait for another 10 days before you can actually book in for a jab but it should all happen.

You don’t need a carte vitale, so perhaps look around you to see which pharmacies are offering vaccinations as get on the waiting list at the nearest one. You may find, as several other have, that they will offer you an Astra-Zeneca pretty quickly.

If you want Pfizer or Moderna the wait may be rather longer and you have to book by other routes.

There is also the covidliste site where you can register to get e.g.Pfizer vaccine where there is surplus because someone hasn’t turned up for their appointment.

You can’t be serious Graham, why didn’t you say the same thing to Fleur’s last contribution?

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any problem with Fleur’s post is there?
I found the detail on future scheduled vaccine deliveries useful, along with things like the projection that 70% of the EU’s population should be vaccinated by July - important for the many people here running tourism businesses.

(I haven’t seen Timothy’s posts - but I certainly didn’t see anything contentious in Fleur’s.)

1 Like

Sorted that for you Geof, they’re now available for you to see. :wink:

1 Like

@tim17 please delete your posts and stop trying to wind people up.

@Fleur 's post is fine, yes slightly off topic but of interest to many people I would imagine

3 Likes

it seems that the best way to get a vax soonest is to opt for AZ and then ask your doctor. We did this as did friends and Doc almost said “how soon can you come” in reality we only had to wait about a week from asking to getting first jab and date for second. He even had all the forms ready to sign and said you’ve got far more chance of being knocked over by a car walking home than dying from this. That’s realism for you…pity other French doctors don’t say that, but he is young modern and very much on the ball.
Best doctors I’ve had in 68 years.

3 Likes

We did the same John. In fact my doctor filled in the forms for me to have a Phizer/Moderna one, because I’ve a bit of a dicky ticker, the week before AZ became available in surgeries. But before I even got to make an appointment his secretary rang to say he could organise AZ for me AND for my wife the following Saturday. She’s only 56 so heaven knows when she would have got a shot so we went for it. We’re due for our second shot on the 8th of May.

This isn’t going to help people want the AZ vaccine :frowning:

Doctolib did not list the existence of a health centre in Torigni-s-Vire [Manche], but it is there, complete with two MTs, as well as a raft of other health pros inc three nurses.

Therefore I was not surprised to find this clinic not listed as a jab centre - but it is.

A notice on the walls states “55-74 + co-morbidities - book a jab”. However, the only question I was asked was my age, so I guess they will take anyone in that age bracket.

Mine is for today week.

Worth a punt for Manche/Calvados residents?

Oh Ron. I’m disappointed in you. What’s that to do with the vaccine roll out in France. May I respectfully suggest that if you feel that way (which I think is a real pity) you should start a thread and we can all give our opinions in a friendly, constructive way?

1 Like

As one poster was being challenged by others, I felt this was unfair and my post was within the spirit of the thread as it has developed. I feel that my “breach of community guidelines” is selective. Threads dissipate all the time, others occasionally demur, but are not “censored”.

You’ve been asked nicely to keep to the subject on this thread. Anyone who doesn’t (other than unintentionally obviously) will receive a suspension. I am not going to deal with policing a thread during my working week.

@plod - if you have an issue with the way this site is run, I suggest you either take it up with James or myself via a direct message or take yourself elsewhere. Cheers.

2 Likes

Please see my reply above.