From a distance

Living in the sticks doesn’t need to be a barrier to learning something new. If you have a phone and a computer then the educational world is still your oyster. I’m currently undergoing sales and marketing training by distance learning and although and I was a bit nervous at first, I soon got into it and developed a relationship with my tutor and because it’s just me and her the tuition is tailored precisely to my needs and progresses at a pace that suits me.

So what else can you learn from the comfort of your own home? Well, languages are ideal for this method of learning, because what we all want to be able to do most is speak, be understood and understand what is said to us. Maybe your children are falling behind in maths because they’re being taught in French, how great to have an experienced maths teacher on the end of the phone to help them catch up.

If you’ve just spent several hundred Euros on a computer and you’re feeling a bit lost, doesn’t it make sense to invest in some training particularly if you’re running a business. For example, before you launch into Google Adwords, talk to an expert; it could stop you making expensive mistakes.

What if you’re looking for ways to earn a living over here? You could learn to teach English as a foreign language from the comfort of your own home or if you love music and enjoy working with young children and their families, you can train as a Kindermusik educator.

If you’re garden is an untamed wilderness or a blank canvas, garden design is another subject suited to distance learning. Lastly, why not indulge your creative side, step into the digital classroom and learn to paint.

Details of all the courses can be found on http://www.facilitutors.com and if you offer distance learning in any subject, I’d love to hear from you.