From property purchase through renovation

42 years I have had mine, still going strong :sunglasses:

Hope you are putting in LOTS of power sockets along that worktop Mat - your wall looks suspiciously free of socket holes at the moment. :thinking:
You can never have too many. We thought we had enough - we didn’t. And the kitchen is the one part of the house that I would love to completely redo, knowing now what we should have done.

Don’t worry the cabling is all there, I just didn’t want to cut the holes for sockets until the positions of the units were fixed - it would distress me if they weren’t central and evenly spaced!

4 Likes

Good progress with the electrics.

Power now in the kitchen:

Lights all now up:

6 Likes

Wow - well done Mat. Looking lovely!

Doing well… but I don’t envy you that staircase. Do you have another way of gaining the upper floor ??

The staircase is hidden away behind polythene & plywood to protect it whilst the work is going on - it is fine to walk on, we even carried a big steel bath up it last week without issue.

1 Like

Wow is the word! It looks amazing! :sparkles:

Gorgeous work, such progress!

A quick update:
Very exciting - we have a toilet for the 1st time in a year:

Outdoor sink found in the garden raised into place with winch as so heavy:

Huge outdoor tap finally in:

Radiators in - just in time for spring/summer!

Kitchen is finished but no photos.

5 Likes

We have been working in the garden so that the plants have time to establish before the summer.
Previously is was very overgrown:

We now have more of a courtyard with a long open barn which will have table, chairs etc.

This afternoon was moving in 6 tonnes of gravel!

More planting to come.

Shower enclosures tomorrow, the fun (and the spending) never stops.

7 Likes

Even when you’ve finished everything (you hope, think), it never stops!

1 Like

Looks great,…but hope you put textile under that gravel!

2 Likes

From experience (see posts passim) I’d agree.

Yes, did that on Monday:

5 Likes

Hope you don’t mind me asking, how much was the gravel including delivery? Your post inspired me to look into it for our top garden and prices seem to differ wildly.

You have done a beautiful job :blue_heart:

It was 340 euros including delivery for 6 tonnes which was 4 very big bags. This was from a local builders merchants.

We had to have it bagged for where it was going - if we could have just had a lorry drop off I think it would have been 60 euros less.

This was the fabric Link

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Thanks for the fabric link Mat. Are they local to you? I can’t see if they deliver nationally…

(Been looking for a supplier as we use it extensively on our veg patch and plant through it. Our stocks are running low…)

They delivered to me - we are about 100km from them so I imagine they deliver nationally.

1 Like