From the BBC website tonight - no need to panic

But you won’t because you and I will be in exactly the same position, UK citizens with the right to reside in France. It’s hardly likely that I will need to stop at any of the border crossings that I’m likely to use anyway as after Brexit they’re hardly likely to man them just to control British passport holders so nobody will be passing anybody.

I think you are taking this much too seriously. I chose to get a TDS, you decided to wait and see.

2 Likes

Have you misread something?

Possibly…please corrdct me if I have.

You seem to be making assumptions that are not true. I can only presume that you have misread one of my previous replies on this thread.

I said “please correct me if I have” but you want to play games.
Bye.

1 Like

I can’t read for you, you will have to do that yourself. I will however be more direct, you have misread one of my posts on this thread. I’m not playing games I just don’t like being misquoted. If anyone has been playing games on this thread I suggest you look closer to home.

@Aquitaine @letstryagain

2 Likes

2 Likes

Is it a joking matter? My words are being misquoted. I am being accused of actions that I have not carried out. Don’t I have the right to question that?

Damian… frankly, it is impossible for anyone to know what/if you have misread…so, no point in asking to be corrected…

You and David will obviously never see eye to eye on certain things IMO

shall we just sip a glass of something nice, sit back… and contemplate the sunset… ooops too late… :thinking:

2 Likes

Quite! Cheers everyone!

3 Likes

I would inform Stella and anyone else feeling in the mood to have a pop that I have not misquoted anyone. I have not quoted anyone at all. I said I was happy to have a TDS. This was subsequently somewhat belittled - not that I care. When accused of misreading something I asked to be corrected. Saying that “frankly, it is impossible for anyone to know what/if you have misread” is simply not logical. Aquitaine obviously knew what he had taken exception to otherwise he wouldn’t be throwing a sissy fit. Rather than act ‘normally’ and correct what may have been a misapprehension he decided to goad further.

Frankly I do not understand but I do know that anyone this pedantic, sensitive and apparently without humour is one I shall happily avoid. I was not aware that I had a problem with this contributor but if you think so then so be it.

1 Like

I see he is preparing another response so I shall be off. Have a good weekend everybody.

2 Likes

You too Damian x

2 Likes

I wrote, in a reply to Andrew, that we would have to wait and see if (as he suggested) there will be a charge for a CdS immediately after March 29th 2019. I can’t believe that those who have appointments before that date will get them without charge and those after will have to pay. There are many people who have applied for a rendezvous and been offered a date well after the Brexit day or even told that they will be contacted when a date is available. Letstryagain seems to have misunderstood my use of ‘we will wait and see’. He seems to believe that I wrote that because I will not be applying for a CdS. He has misread the thread. I was trying to correct his mistake but he is insisting that I wrote something that I did not write.

1 Like

Damian… I was not “having a pop” at anyone…

and re your words…

I think David wants to understand where you are coming from… :thinking:

Happy Friday everyone…

2 Likes

David you were generous enough a good-natured enough to “like” my little tease about damian’s happy-bubble take on his TdS/CdS ‘success’ and your being a “spoil-sport” which you’re not: you just seem to find some kinds of inexactitude painful, and you are not alone in that.

You have my commiseration and I appeal to you, whom I like very much, to show magnanimity to damian (@letstryagain) and let go of your adversarial feelings, and be friends again. Pete :blush:

3 Likes

Hi Helen, That is brilliant - where is it?

Beth

2 Likes

The image…???

It’s a picture of a huge sculpture called “Love”…by Ukrainian Alexander Milov…The Burning Man Festival 2015…x :slight_smile: