Garlic butter chicken curry

Excellent!

Loved this recipe!! I used 2 chillies… Worked a treat!! Will be making this time and time again!!
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go the whole hog James and ship out a tandoori oven! We did last year because we love tandoori chicken and it beats a barbeque!

...and some good food.

If someone is for a visit in Paris: The "Little India" district near Gare du Nord in Paris offers also a lot of Indian spices.

1 Like

But "Spices of India" do an incredible range of Indian and Pakistani pickles as well as spices. Ahmad's and Mother's Recipe pickles untempered to the western taste are simply brilliant.

1 Like

Sounds yummy! Will try. I use this website for all my spices - you can translate to English if you get stuck with the names and it is free delivery in France! http://www.epices-monde.fr/

Made this last night and it was a big hit! Even got the "you can make this anytime you want, baby" comment. That is quite an endorsement. Thanks for the recipe James; it has been added to the repertoire.

Yes please do Mary!

Jim, would you like me to post this recipe on the list of recipes? Looks so yum and I would like a reference to zip back to when I want to make it. Let me know :) Mary

1 Like

Perfect with one of Bob's Beers I reckon!

And what delicious drink (beer i assume?) do you eat with this mouth watering specialty?

Sounds delicious James, I now know what we are having for dinner tomorrow evening!!

Fenugreek!

On the lid you've written XF Hot - I guess X is extra - what's the F for ?! and where are the poppadoms !!

Where do you live Chris, I may drop by!

1 Like

I need to find 2 ‘Sporty fellows’ … :wink:

If I was on death row in Alabama a curry would be my “last meal”. Indian curries are great but I lean toward SE Asian:

Into Food Processor:

4 smashed lemon grass stalks (cut off most of green part)
4 cm galangal, chopped
3 large cloves garlic
3 shallots
8 green chilies (or fewer)
1 cm fresh turmeric, chopped
1 cm young ginger
2T corriander seeds
1t black peppercorns
Handful fresh corriander leaves
2 sprigs spring onions
1t ground cumin
1t belacan (dried shrimp paste)
2T oil (ideally cold-pressed)

In a saucepan:

Fry this green curry paste over low heat for a few minutes, add water to a boil then add chicken thighs.
Cover and simmer for 15minutes

Then:
Pour in coconut milk
Add several kaffir lime leaves (frozen are better than dried)
Add nam pla (fish sauce) to taste

2 Likes

More Indian recipes here!

1 Like