Get on the French Electoral Roll - NOW

Just a reminder… to anyone who has newly arrived in France… or who has not enrolled already…

The closing date for Applications is end December… but, so often the Mairie will be shut for year-end festivities etc etc…

so… do it now… if you wish to be certain.

Get along to your Mairie … and take proof of where you live, proof of who you are… and fill in the necessary form at the counter…

European Elections are in 2019 and Communal Elections are in 2020…

1 Like

And UK “citizens” (I use the term loosely)" will be out in the cold without a vote come All Fools Day 2019.

I have been asked to hustle our local UK newcomers… so thought I would put it on the Forum… :thinking:

Mine is now sent to me automatically by the Mairie. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, because you are already on theirElectoral Roll…

So many folk do not bother to register/do not want to register… that is their choice…

There is no need to do anything… once you have registered, unless your situation changes…

We have the forms and will be resident from January but our utility bills are only now having the address changed.
Will the Mairie accept a bill with both addresses on, eg taxe d’habitation or fonciere?
We were given the forms by the receptionist when my husband visited early November and informed them of our permanent move in January 2019.
The water bill is due to go to our French house in December but we won’t be there.
I’m thinking we should send the forms anyway just to prove we are serious about being resident.

Well done… you have been into the Mairie and identified yourselves as new arrivals.

If the Mairie gave you the forms… please complete them and get them back to them asap… anything not in the computer by end December … will be tooooo late. :neutral_face:

It’s so long since I saw a form… but, fill it in as if you are here, on the spot… French Address in full…

I’ll try and take a peek at a form later today or Monday… :wink:

@Teresaship

I’ve just come back from the Mairie…

Advice is… complete the form… no need to prove your address, they already know who you are/where your property is…

Complete the form and send it with a photocopy of your passport asap…

It must arrive and get onto the List at your Mairie before end December… (and remember that some offices close that last week… )

Thank you will do.