Getting back to France again in pandemic times

If only it was thus these days. As for the car, I’m in no need of War and Peace [the perfect e-reader book].T’is done.

I totted up 3 ‘provisional’ ins certs and 2 CGs before the definitive articles came down from the mountaintop. And that all done by the fragrant Fab and the sterling Mark Rimmer, not blundering I

Can’t understand all the fuss, I’ve changed three cartes grises and insurance last month and had the cartes grises within a week and the insurance (certificat et vignette) was printed off as I waited. Everything done and dusted, no hassle, nothing temporary, apart from the attestation for the carte grise as normal but as I said, they arrived within a few days anyway!

2 Likes

Ditto here…two Saabs and a Peugeot 405. I’ve also sold an R4 and a 504 pickup. No problems at all.

I’m sure they do but would you mind a) removing the last word of your post and b) registering your full name as both of those are outwith the site T&C.
@Cat is quite keen on the T&C, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You mean the first word of my post?

So difficult to respond with my own opinion on this but…silly ignorant selfish person should not have travelled as described due to Covid considerations. Please assume the worst description possible for such an idiot.
Is that ok for you or does that upset someone?

Not so much - full use of the English language (where appropriate) and lively debate on SF is encouraged and it is a grown-up audience, but ad hominem attacks are not encouraged - debate should be possible without resorting to name calling. So please avoid it or make the context clear - i.e “That idiot politician” is acceptable, “you idiot” is not.

Many thanks for completing registration. We now return you to your regular debate :slight_smile:

PS: I see from your later post that “idiot” was aimed at the chap with the questionable shopping habits rather than a fellow SF member.

1 Like

Arguably not, he had an expensive lesson though, don’t you think?

Andrew

According to SurviveFrance stasi you are not permitted to call Simone a twat on this website…expect to be reprimanded Ithaca inhiminee type emails to tell you how to behave properly.
How dare you speak you mind!

Presumably everyone aside from Simone is fine though?

1 Like

Who is Simone? Presumably getting on, with that first name; why would anyone call her a twat anyway, what has she done?

1 Like

possibly a mythical character - a bit like Black Bess is to Dick Turpin really :roll_eyes:
and “round objects” in Yes Minister" - “who is Round, and to what does he object?” :rofl:
Classic!

2 Likes

This is turning into an Odyssey (and it’s all Greek to me).

2 Likes

I’m a bit bewildered by this discussion, I think I have been trying to scim the various postes without getting much understanding . Is a genuine request for information in order in view of the title of the thread?

We are thinking of returning to France from the UK; we are French resident and fully vaccinated in UK. It seems we must self-isolate when we arrive at home, but will not need to do the state hotel thing if we have recent test certificates.

I can find no specifics on what the home isolation entails. Can we go Shopping? What other restrictions are there?

Not surprised, Roger! A lot of threads with sensible topics seem to mutate into political discussion, for want of a more accurate phrase :roll_eyes:

I can’t answer your question but I know there are other people on here who can and some who have done what you are intending to do so hang about a bit…:smiley:

1 Like

If you do a search the gouvfr. website is very good and clear about what you need to do. You are entitled to return as residents.

3 Likes

Well, things have come to the boil. The agent called me yesterday and told me to accept an offer he had wrung out of a couple despite the error [by the agent] of listing for my flat at 100 sq.m not the actual 75 sq.m. It seems this sq.m thing is taken very seriously in Spain. They don’t say, “Never mind the ‘missing’ 25 sq.m - we like it - we’ll take it.” No - they walk away.

But on this occasion, the punters went for WYSIWYG. They’re on.

I am leaving all the ‘electrodomesticos’, beds, wardrobes [IKEA’s cheapest] and a 4k 50" TV - all included in the price. This couple from Argentina are getting a turn-key flat in pristine refurbed nick.

I will have merely a ch of drawers, a chest, a 1.25m diam sat TV dish and a load of boxes.

The tricky bit now is getting to Valencia and bringing away my stuff. Since the advice above, FR has gone into another l/d, tho’ I understand property issues are a legit reason to be on the move.

Has anyone crossed the FR/ES border since Mr Keen, OP ? How was it for you?

Tory, this is up your alley, perhaps. As you see from my other post today, I have sold my flat in VLC and need to do a removals run. Ideally I would go down there for as long as it takes to get the deal done and get packed up and out.

The agent is talking about completion in 30 days - it can be as little as a week in ES. I’d actually like to string it out for as long as pos.

My application for CdS went in 10/03. It would be Murphy’s Law if my summons to the prefecture came thru’ while I was away. Manche [50] seems on the slow side with CdS RVs and it’s been not quite a month since I got the Attest’n of my application but clearly theres’ no telling.

What is the position if one is away at the time an RV is received? D’y think it likey that it would come thru’ in the next 30 days? Is there any way to advise a UK WA CdS office of this possibilty?

Speaking from my experience, Chris - I applied for my Carte de Sejour in Manche in December last year and have not heard yet, so I think the chances of you getting a rendezvous in the next few weeks are vanishingly small. They seemed to have been working through the 10 year permits roughly in alphabetical order, which is why my partner got one a few weeks back. Since both you and I are applying for 5 year permits, I think the chances of a rendez-vous before summer are slight. Just my two-pennorth and Tory may have more information about Manche

2 Likes