Getting spare parts in France

I bet virtually everyone on this network owns a whole load of British bought household appliances. If you didn’t bring them with you, you probably bought them on line and even if you did buy your white goods in France, just one encounter with French ‘Service Apres Vente’ (which should really be known as ‘Pas de Service Apres Vente’), is usually enough to ever stop you shopping in France again.

But what do you do when things break down or you need replacement parts? If you’re lucky you’ll know of a Mr. Fixit figure who can mend just about anything and get the parts and not charge you an arm and a leg for the privilege. But for the rest of us mere mortals, help is now at hand in the form new web retailers http://www.espares.co.uk who supply a huge range of parts and other very, very useful things. eSpares started out in 2003 and are now the UK’s leading spare parts retailer, covering all the main makes, Creda, dyson, Flymo, vax, Hoover etc.and carrying stock ranging from lawnmower blades to cooker replacement knobs.

The site is brilliantly easy to use - just choose one of the seven categories, TV & Audio, Vacuums and Floorcare, Washers & Dryers etc, select your model and choose the part. Et voila! So should you need a replacement heater element for your Indesit tumble dryer, you will be able to sleep easy tonight knowing that a new part is only a couple of clicks away.

Prices are highly competitive, I paid £12.99 inc VAT for a new filter for my trusty dyson and also treated it to a post motor filter for another £26.49 inc VAT. The performance of the machine has been drastically improved and with a reasonable Europe wide delivery charge of just £6.95 per order, I will definitely be using their services again.

I especially like the advice section on the site. There are loads of useful threads like ‘The most common dishwasher faults and how to fix them’ and heaps of videos. Did you know how to replace a Flymo lawnmower drive belt or how to bleed a Karcher pressure washer? Me neither but having watched Matt from espares explain how, I now feel that my bleeding abilities are up to scratch!

Account holding customers are rewarded with loyalty discounts and promotional offers, the customer service I received was excellent and eSpares gets a 5* SF rating.