Gilet Jaunes blockages were the final straw

So sorry , but I don’t get what the bashing is about. It was a private message on Facebook, not a request to join his family and I didn’t mention it here to belittle anyone. My only intention was staying polite. I have not posted any link to anyone’s facebook. Anyone can just type in a name though, it’s not private. Wasn’t expecting the Facebook police to turn up , just because someone has a different point of view. How very petty . Now go get reporting me to whoever . Lol

1 Like

Handbag Handbag Handbag

(Couldn’t find any yellow ones… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

Will do Peter.

There you go Simon … :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

2 Likes

Errr :thinking:

Grow up!

Still don’t see any Facebook link , I see a screenshot with no more information than that of which is already posted on this forum . Oh dear. Who do you think you are? Wasn’t childish on your behalf ? I would like to think that we are all at least equal and have freedom of speech.

I will post some updates from today’s ‘activity’ in Toulouse but, in the meantime, this article makes pretty grim reading. Hard to believe it refers to a modern, European city in the 21st century. So very sad :cry::cry::cry:

Screen shots are very childish.

2 Likes

Very sorry Catharine , Was just quicker than copie coller at the time. I have now read your guidelines. Have a nice Sunday.

1 Like

Update on Toulouse yesterday - essentially more of the same old crap for the 16th consecutive week. Demos started around 14h00 and, as normal ended arounf 17h00 with cans / bottles being thrown at the police who then retaliate using tear gas and water cannon. Another Saturday where Toulouse resembles a war zone in a third world country - only it’s the country’s own citizens that are wrecking it. No words :cry:

Actu Toulouse article / pics

The number of members of a Facebook group or the number of followers of a poster has little correlation with the veracity of the information contained therein. After all Bots will be Bots.

2 Likes

Yep - not sure the Facebook groups lay out any kind of ‘manifesto’ (or mantra!) - the vrai débat site does (sadly).

1 Like

I could quote recent surveys from different sources as to the percentage of support from the general public but I feel that would be frowned upon and discredited. Maybe I could attempt a MSM BFMTV survey in February of 1002 people result of only 44% want the demonstrations to continue. This being the lowest I have seen.Do you think that the people demonstrating have nothing better to do with their weekends? After 16 weeks of protest I would say most people should be aware as to why they are happening . If any of the changes being asked for don’t or won’t effect anyone here then great , please try and think about how this may effect others . I hear when people talk about the negative short term effects , I cannot do anything about these but I appreciate that they exist and am not in favour of violence from anyone. I’m sure that everyone would like to see it all stop very quickly.

I don’t think many on SFN would deny people the right to protest if they feel they’re suffering injustices but after four months not only has public support ebbed away their grievances have become nondescript, can anyone tell what they aim to achieve because I’m lost?

Here are the main four;
To be able to live with dignity on a minimum wage.
Elimination of tax on all essential products ( produits de première nécessité ), funded by a rise in tax for luxury products.
Reinstatement of the ISF.
Referendum Initiative Citoyenne. Or R.I.C
Hope this helps.

More disposable income with which to go to Sephora and buy Domino’s pizzas. Well, we’d all like that wouldn’t we…? Just some of us are too busy earning a living to spend our weekends having an apero on the local roundabout.

5 Likes

One criticism appears to have been, that from the start, they had no clear “leader”, for want of a better term.
So there was obviously a lot of initial enthusiasm & impetus toward changes being made for those in need…but it does seem to have lost its way & has sadly been given a boost lately by those that see change only coming about by violent & radical means.

Yes - absolutely.

No - they don’t give a monkeys about me and my problems / issues

1 Like

Whose definition of luxury would they use? Or essential come to that?

The minimum wage should be how much and any increase funded how?

What are luxury goods?

The ISF (Robin Hood tax) is essentially still there - just in a different form with receipts rapidly catching up.

R.I.C. - with who in charge of implementation?