Gilet Jaunes blockages were the final straw

Make your problems and issues heard then Simon ;p

Personly I would just go with the RIC and let the Democracy decide , run by a democratic gouvernent of course. That is just my humble thought.

Most essential goods are already taxed at 5% as opposed to 20% for non essential . Luxury maybe mean , but don’t quote me , a luxury yacht , a luxury 5 th Ferrari a 7 th house …

Fair enough - who to? As an immigrant- it’s hard to express my issues to people that are clearly anti-immigration.

Again Simon ,I don’t think your immigration will be counted as you have a passport already and I would think that you came to France with the intention of contributing. I thought you weren’t worried about that anymore? I still don’t see a major racial or immigration demand being pushed up any list of demands. Brexit might be more of a reality regarding expats and immigration.

1 Like

Wrong David - I was being sarcastic - it’s a ‘Brit’ thing…surprised you didn’t pick that up… :thinking: Anyway…what lists ?

1 Like

Could have been my sarcasm you didn’t Pick up on Simon :crazy_face: maybe a Scottish thing :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿:rofl::blush::nerd_face:.
A list of changes being asked for .

Hi Simon,

Are they British or French ? Thanks

Hi Simon

Are you a immigrant worker in France ? Retired or entrepreneur ?

Yep - it could have been David :wink: Unlikely though…

Maybe you could share the list of ‘changes being asked for’ ?

Hi Remi,

Why is that relevant?

1 Like

Hi Remi

Why?

1 Like

Because when someone lives in a different country (As I did during 20 years), your condition of living give a completely different perception of the host country.

For example, working as a Frenchman in a London restaurant, is different of being a French retired person in a Villa in Canterbury.

The attitude of people around you will also be very different.

Yep I get that Remi - being a fully grown adult! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But…what’s your point ?

Relevant to what ?
Obviously, the Policemen must be French because this is a requirement to work for the Police Nationale. For the pompier, I am not so sure. This question because it is quite rare to find British people working in this area.

I do not think Sapeurs-Pompiers had any issue with the Gilets Jaunes. For the Police, there are some issues probably from bad management:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79_C0UTdXNE and many others.

Obviously! so what does that tell you Remi ?

Guess what Remi? British people (and other immigrants) living in France sometimes have children and sometimes marry French people. Imagine that !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Because I am interested to understand the social and political views of expat British living in France, and compare their opinion to what I perceive.

The debate about immigration is for us, a really tricky one. Just think about what happened yesterday: VIDEO. Calais: Une centaine de migrants s'introduisent sur le port, au moins 44 interpellations

What should we do ?

1 Like

Remi - first thing, I’m not an expat, I’m an immigrant.

Secondly - maybe you should start a new discussion about that very topic??

Thanks for the explanation.

I did not expect at all that you would be close to French people.

I think Remi wants to wind you up Simon - Anyway l have asked french family members - Brothers in law - one is a veal farmer/property developer another is retired permanently disabled and the third a taxi ambulance driver what they think produits de premiere necessite are. Each gave a subjective response relating to their individual view of the world. A couple of things were common to all - No fuel tax and no tax on women’s sanitary products. They all wanted a reduction of TVA across the board but that included non-essentials. None of them fully understands RIC and won’t be voting for it anytime soon.

1 Like