Giving up drinking?

A field full of it up the road here Paul, I will point it out to friends :rofl:

1 Like

@Bill @Aquitaine Iā€™m fat all year. I think it might be the chips. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This field is green Bill !

Maybe too much red for me Mandy, this spectrum doesnā€™t do me any good !

1 Like

Giving up drinking ?? Definitely NOT :wink::relaxed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If you read it carefully youā€™ll see that my post was about epidemiological methodologies in general, not any specific study: they can establish an association between phenomena but generally not causality.
But as you ask about alcohol - Iā€™ve no reason to believe it does not cause some damage, but then Iā€™ve no reason to believe that pretty much anything we do - including abstaining from alcohol - doesnā€™t do some damage; I have no reason to believe that there is any ā€˜safeā€™ level of alcohol consumption, but Iā€™m pretty sure there is no ā€˜safeā€™ way to live any kind of worthwhile life.
(By the way - as to your suspicion - personally I find it best to avoid those social media ad hominems altogether.)

No such thing as a fat Lady, theyā€™re all just, Cuddly :hugs:

2 Likes

Iā€™m just slightly less fat in the winter.

1 Like

Bless you Bill. What a lovely thing to say.

3 Likes

I believe it too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I canā€™t desagree with that too !

2 Likes

Lolā€¦I think it was Linda Goodmanā€¦maybe her star signs or Love signs and the secret codes of the universeā€¦??? I forget now as I had to leave a lifetime of books back in ukā€¦Under massive stress I arrived here at a very unhealthy (for me) 8 stone 2ā€¦over a period of time Iā€™ve hovered around 11 stone which felt uncomfortable (for me)ā€¦, so remembered and applied the colour spectrum diet only eating pizza and drinking red wine (although I prefer a kronenberg 1664 when itā€™s hotā€¦!)

Iā€™m somewhere around 9 and a half stone nowā€¦a guaranteed way for me to lose weight is to eat 4 eggs a day fried in butter any recipe whatever with cheese and whatever vegā€¦tomatoes grated radish Colemanā€™s mustardā€¦where does yellow sit on the spectrum related to red and blue/greenā€¦???

Butā€¦it does workā€¦x :slight_smile:

When I needed to diet back when living and working in England, I used to cut down on foods beginning with the letter ā€œCā€ - cheese, curry, Chinese, chocolate, courgettesšŸ˜Ø, chips, crisps etc.

Good thing beer isnā€™t a food and I didnā€™t cut down on bacon, biscuitsā€¦

1 Like

[quote=ā€œHelen6, post:53, topic:22007, full:trueā€] .where does yellow sit on the spectrum related to red and blue/greenā€¦???
[/quote]

ROYGBIV :wink:

1 Like

Ahaā€¦! Itā€™s all coming back to me now Peteā€¦lolā€¦red orange yellow foods to lose weight and the others to gain weightā€¦x :slight_smile:

She talked about the largest animals like elephants and what they eatā€¦and whales that eat planktonā€¦

Yesterday I made a massive Yorkshire pudding using my 4 eggs a day strategy ā€¦had half of it with gravy and Colemanā€™s mustard thinking Iā€™d have the other half with maple syrup later onā€¦I was still full up though so had the other half with maple syrup this morning for breakfastā€¦x :slight_smile:

Canā€™t recall what she said about ā€œwhiteā€ foodsā€¦(the milk and flourā€¦)

2 Likes

Those dastardly courgettesā€¦! x :smiley:

Iā€™ve run out of polite excuses to people trying to give them away :joy::joy:

1 Like

I donā€™t know how to find the crying with laughing emoticonā€¦but crying with laughingā€¦lolā€¦x :smiley:

1 Like

This one? :joy:

1 Like

I think SFN software supplies a bundle of emoticons if you click on the smiley face in the little toolbar that appears when you open a new post or a reply. The window that opens has a side-bar of options, smileys and other lurid emoticons, animals and birds, urban signs and images, food and drink etc. :bird::stew::revolving_hearts::yum::joy::dog: