Glaucome et Cataracte: Free checkup

I’ve just seen a flyer for a drop-in eye clinic:

Journée dépistage de la vue gratuit: Glaucome et Cataracte…

Admittedly it is for a 2 hour slot one Saturday morning in a village hall… but, it is being run by the local eye hospital otphalmo staff…and it is definitely a move in the right direction… as early detection is so important.

Then I checked on the web… and it seems that this is part of a nationwide campaign. Great news… a quick checkup… and completely FREE…

Anyone who is not being checked and who is at all worried… could make enquiries about a session locally… it might be well worth your while…:wink:

1 Like

There’s also the glaucoma bus tour although this has just finished its
2016- 2017 campaign. Back again in September I expect.
http://www.unadev.com/nos-missions/combattre/depistage/la-tournee-du-bus/

Brilliant idea isn’t it… and there are more and more Health Screening services being rolled out…to cover us folk out in the sticks… :wink:

That’s a brilliant idea and so worthwhile, hope it comes to my region. The biggest concern here, as with many rural communities, is a lack of doctors. Our local doctor has retired and his ‘cabinet’ is closed because there isn’t a replacement. There is a health centre that was opened about 6 years ago that is not too far away but the 4 doctors there are approaching retirement age. As usual there are young doctors out there who provide a locum service but don’t want to be here permanently because there are no jobs available for their partners! I don’t know how this problem will be solved :frowning:

You are so right… our Doc was chatting with us about similar situation arising in our area…

One suggestion is for the “usual” checkup/prescriptions to be for every 6 months instead of every 3… this would enable the existing Drs to double their Lists…

However, as our Doc said… how ghastly it would be if, as a result of the extended timescale, someone had a problem…which was not picked-up in time…

Our Doc is younger than we are… and will… hopefully… always be there for us :slight_smile: