Going off topic

I find this wonderful site needs a way to keep posts on topic.

Example. Someone asked about cost of living in France.
After about 12 replies it was all about politics and forms.A few days later the string was in the hundreds. Arguments, food, vehicles etc. I couldn’t find my post on my smartphone.

Could there be a facility for side topics?

Great site just misused.

1 Like

This site works off ’ Dinner Party ’ rules i.e. behave as you would at a dinner party. As at dinner parties sometimes conversations wander, You can always post a ’ back on topic ’ comment

1 Like

Boo!!!

Now people will start talking about dinner parties.

Dinner parties can be enjoyable… ghastly… or just plain boring… depending on the company, the food and the variety of chit-chat amongst the guests… :thinking:

Our forum is a reflection of its membership (in my opinion)… which is why it is… interesting, informative and great fun… :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: … the equivalent of a 7 course banquet with scintillating conversations between the guests :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

Topic drift is inevitable, it happens in all online forums and has done so right back through Usenet and dial-up bulletin boards as well as, as has been observed, real life dinner parties.

It’s something one has to accommodate I’m afraid.

Besides it makes life more entertaining.

4 Likes

Does anybody know a translator in the 85250 area?

6 Likes

No but I need to know where to buy marmite in Allier

5 Likes

Time for a song…??? x :slight_smile:

“I close my eyes and I can see
A world that’s waiting up for me that I call my own
Through the dark, through the door
Through where no one’s been before
But it feels like home

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I’ve lost my mind
I don’t care, I don’t care, if they call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design

'Cause every night, I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it’s gonna take
Oh, a million dreams for the world we’re gonna make

There’s a house we can build
Every room inside is filled with things from far away
Special things I compile
Each one there to make you smile on a rainy day

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say we’ve lost our minds
See, I don’t care, I don’t care if they call us crazy
Run away to a world that we design

'Cause every night, I lie in bed
Oh, a million dreams for the world we’re gonna make

However big, however small
Let me be part of it all
Share your dreams with me
We may be right, we may be wrong
But I wanna bring you along to the world I see
To the world we close our eyes to see
We close our eyes to see

Every night, I lie in bed
A million dreams for the world we’re gonna make

For the world we’re gonna make”

P!nk - A Million Dreams (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube

5 Likes

Great tune - l will go to sleep with a smile in my heart and hope in my head - Thank you Helen.

1 Like

Helen, this song & these lyrics reminds me of my experience with magic mushrooms. :cloud::rainbow::dizzy:

3 Likes

I’ve never tried them Wozza…I have just recently eaten quite a lot of what I thought were parasol mushrooms though…maybe they weren’t what I thought they were…??? x :smile:

I’m really interested in plant medicines…in all realms…ayahuasca seems to help many people…

I think once our minds are opened in whatever way to what can’t be seen with just our limited 5 senses…then it’s difficult to go back…???

2 Likes

One of my favourite Dinner Parties… original version… and later version in luxurious colour… :blush::hugs::blush::blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lzQxjGL9S0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8k1CnVeAQ

2 Likes

Bless you, me old fruit!

Funniest thing I’ve seen in years (tho’ have seen it before) a triumph of slapstick comedy, literally made me cry with laughing :joy::sweat_smile: had to stop at 7 minutes in to wipe eyes as couldn’t see the screen…

4 Likes
4 Likes

For the last x years we have spent new years’ eve with french friends whose son now lives in Germany. And he returns for new year with his dinner for one DVD. A great tradition.

3 Likes

That bit of information is a little gem, David, I’m glad you shared it. :+1:

2 Likes

Ha ha.

I’ve seen other forums where you click for side topics. 20 years ago, The motley fool.com did it.

Some might like wittering on I can’t find the information without reading through endless drivel.

I left a serious response to a serious question. A few days later, 464 replies mainly off topic.

I only have a smartphone as no internet here. Ages trawling through and never found my original reply. Thumb ache from swiping up up up.

Maybe I should see a doctor? Queue off topic health system posts…

You could try tapping on your avatar you should get a box with your name, tap on your name another box should appear with a profile including 'posts created ’ by your self tap that and you can find your posts. Or you could use the search function and enter a couple of words know you used this may bring your post up
And you could try not referring to other members posts as drivel. You do not know people’s circumstances for some this forum maybe a lifeline to other people

1 Like

One person’s drivel could be another persons information ! :rofl:

3 Likes

“Some might like wittering on”
It would seem so.

“I can’t find the information without reading through endless drivel.”
Drivel?

3 Likes