Golf anyone?

The British Open is underway.

Royal Sandwich looks in good nick though a bit less manicured than usual and quite friendly with the sun shining.

I love links courses with all the challenges the conditions present but who is the favourite this year ? I honestly have no idea but I suppose the big Americans won’t be far from the top spot.

This course can be a beast if the weather turns a little nasty which makes it even more compulsive viewing for me.

1 Like

2 Likes

No.
Just, no.

2 Likes

I’ve always felt that a golf course was a waste of perfectly good rifle range.

1 Like

Maybe but a great way to get away from the mother in law for a few hours……

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0kdBDwNddc

1 Like

I have played with people like this :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Even on the green, I have never understood how replacing the ball closer on a long putt really makes a difference :woman_shrugging: Also amazing how many players cannot count :rofl: and have holes in their trouser pockets :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

And how some players always seem to have a great ‘lay’ or ‘lie’ in heavy rough.

1 Like

Not just a good walk, take places like the Costa del Sol, plastered with golf courses which would have been natural habitats and all given over to this game.

1 Like

Or polo field.

The worst bit of all is the incredible amount of chemicals applied annually to a typical golf course.
The various bodies have reduced the amount of chemicals available over the past twenty or so years which is helping the environment but the land as well as waterways are being polluted with all sorts of unpleasant products.
There exists strict regulations but these are easily abused if you know what you’re doing.

and your name is Trump :wink:

2 Likes