Good Home Urgently Required For Lovely Resucue Dog

We are urgently trying to find a good home for a dog who was abandoned on the roadside & took up residence on our door mat! We have taken all the necessary steps to try and located the owner but to no avail.

The dog is a wire haired terrier - the softerst and most loving animal we have ever known! He is fully house trained and an absolute delight to be around.

Unfortunately work & home circumstances mean that we are unable to adopt the dog permanently and are desperate to find him a good home.

The vet has given him a full check and clean bill of health. He estimates the age to be 4 or 5 years old.

If you are looking for a companion or family pet or know of anyone who may be able to help then please get in touch.

See photo attached.

Many thanks.

Hi Scott

I have emailed you, but please see the reply to Nigel above re. location.

Edwin

Hi Nigel

We are currently based both in the Dordogne near Thiviers and in the Creuse just north of Gueret. I am willing to travel to find the right home for the dog.

Edwin

Hi Gina & thank you for your message.

We are currently based both in the Dordogne near Thiviers and in the Creuse just north of Gueret.

The dog is actually a basset fauve de bretagne - thanks to another member for the info! He is not chipped or tatooed & he has not been castrated. He is so affectinate I wish we could adopt him, but have to put mind over heart on this one!

Edwin

Hi Edwin Welcome to the Dog Group. Sorry to hear of your plight he looks like a great little dog and in pretty good shape. Have you tried your local Mairie? And the local dog rescue group. Maybe you could post where you are? I have copied your pic and put it below so that it has more visibility. I hope we can help. G.

PS Is the little fellow castrated and chipped etc…?

Hi, are you near Thiviers?