Good morning all

I thought it was well passed due to say hello. Many times this forum has kept me entertained. I seem to be all alone in Bourgogne, is that correct?

3 Likes

@rock Welcome James and good of you to introduce yourself. Glad the forum keeps you entertained. :grin:

2 Likes

Doubt that you are all alone there, James, but a welcome from the SW anyway. I hope that with entertainment comes useful information too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the party James, this forum can be very entertaining, but also very helpful.

1 Like

Hello…

Not really. Jane Williamson is in Bourgogne, and I am in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté. Who knows may be others who have not made themselves know…

Thanks all for the welcome. Nice to be here.

1 Like

Hi Jane
Because I am the only one on the map I made an assumption, but did ask to be corrected.

1 Like

Bourgogne Franche-Comté is sooooo big that I sort of said tongue in cheek. We don’t think of ourselves as Burgundians at all as that was rejected in the 12th century, so the recent invention is a forced marriage.

1 Like

Hi James and welcome to the forum! How long have you lived here?

2 Likes

Hi Tory
Bought this place in 2016 spending as much time as possible while refurbishing and have been living here full time for 2 years. Beginning to hope for an end to lockdown so we can again enjoy the restaurants, bars and conversations.

2 Likes

@rock
Good evening James!

2 Likes

:smiley:

Goes right back to Margaret Rutherford and Passport to Pimlico, I believe. :roll_eyes:

Hi James,
I live in Gray, Haute Soane halfway between Dijon and Besançon

1 Like

We love that film and plan one day to show it to our neighbours, here in Nievre where we live. What they would make of it is anyone 's guess!

hi James, I live in the Nievre which is definitely in Burgundy! Due to be formally recognised as residents after escaping the UK finally a few weeks ago. Vive la France…wonderful cycIing, walking and wildlife.

1 Like

Hi Bob and Jo, Bourgogne and it’s variety is just wonderful. I got my residence card rdv at Macon in February. Wonderful, pleasant experience.

Bonjour James,I am also in Burgundy,in Vitteaux just north west of Dijon.
Tim

1 Like

In case you’re interested, I read a book by author Marilyn Floyde, about King Arthur and Bourgogne (Burgundy): King Arthur's French Odyssey: Avallon in Burgundy - Marilyn Floyde - Google Livres

The book includes some interesting local history and describes connections with King Arthur, and talks about landmarks in/around the town of Avallon there that are accessible if you feel like hiking to look for them…

Hi, we are in Burgandy, near Bourbon Lancy