Hand Made

Cable ties, by Elaine Brett - also added to our Hand Made Photo Gallery.

If you add them on this page, I can transfer them on to the photo page - do tell us a bit about them Elaine!

How do we upload photographs please?

Lynn, your items are beautiful. Did you construct the tray table yourself or did you just do the top? I’ve made a few mosaic items and really enjoyed the process.
My main crafts are card making and sewing. I was lucky that I was taught to use the sewing machine at a very early age. A treadle machine in those days. My mum was a talented seamstress.

I'm not new to the group but would liek to share with you some of the items I've made in the past! I don't get as much time these days, but there are times when I just HAVE to be creative so I dissappear into my workshop and play. I sell these items in aid of our cat charity usually.

I also collect any old christmas and other greetings cards for recylcing, any old jewellry etc etc

These layered wooden animals are usually made into kitchen roll holders.

Friends - does anyone belong to a craft group in or near Narbonne - not been here long and have'nt found one yet! I mostly cross stitch, knit crotchet, used to make lace (lived in Buckinghamshire so learnt) Now want to start patchwork and quilting

Opps that didn't work well I meant to put the photos with my comment of this is what I have been making this weekend. Pirate Pj's for my twin nephews.

He![](upload://w1bz3TqKd3Tj1KtL0YJG7o5FKya.JPG)![](upload://jglpgrsOrVFGdETCePBToBJuVx2.JPG)

Hi - I have added 2 pages, quite late last night - they are up and to the right of this comment wall - One is photos, and the other is for tried and tested patterns/templates etc.

If you post them here, I will transfer them over, and then we will have a database of

CRAFT LINKS

RELIABLE PATTERNS

NICE PHOTOS

I have started a series of themed discussions, so that if anyone has a specific query, they can ask it under the discussion topic, and other crafters can join in with help, ideas etc.

Please feel free to add a discussion for any craft that interests you.

@Margo - I did 2 afghans last year - they are so relaxing to do!

I have longarm envy going on! I have dabbled with quilting, and been on a taster day, and still can't get my head around the finishing on a standard machine....

That's funny - we say magpies!

Love the sneaky throwing away!

Ohgoodness dont mention tidying!!!When you put 2 houses into 1 and both people are jackdaws......I seem to spend my life moving things from one place to another and sneakily throwing things out when he isnt looking!!

Sounds nice-why don't you post a picture or two as it goes along? I think you can lean a lot from things are they are being put together.

Me? Well, I used to own a knitting machine, but that was 26 years ago - I bought one recently and I am just now getting it put together, reading about its operation and limbering up to re-lean all about it- I used to make all the family presents on it- my sister, also on SFN who will read this, claims I ran a type of slave labour camp and "made her" push the carriage back and forth- in truth she used to pester me to have a go -I fully expect her 8 year old to be just a curious!

I am trialling a poncho made with 4 crochet "granny squares" of the same size, with a 5th one as a hood-all a bit of an experiment, but I find it very relaxing.

Also doing a lot of "reclaiming" of old/vintage fabrics ....and of course, that ever present job - tidying my craft room!

Hi Helen, problem is I just dont have the ooomff at the moment! I am making a family tree patchwork quilt for my new grandson at the mo, in bits and pieces (no pun intended) when I can sit down and do a bit!And you?

Hi Annie-I had the same problem. The nearest one was a 90mile round trip!

So, I put a free ad in a local magazine, twisted a few arms, convinced a few people they could craft, and after about 3 months, we have a group!

Also, you can natter on here- what are you making at the moment?

Hi, I'm a ,newbie to the group,

I knit, a bit, and sew a bit, Love doing it but like almost everyone dont allow myself the time. An groups around so I can give myself time? if not anyone nearby thinking it might be fun to meet up and change ideas, natter and make??? I'm in 24, near Montpon.

ladies my better half would like me to ask if anyone could either knit, crochet or donate wool to a worthy cause. Up and down the country in the UK there is a group called Lisa`s Stars. This group makes and collects woollen articles of various sizes to either dress, wrap or lay the tiny little angels that unfortunately were born too soon.

We have both retired recently (my wife was a midwfe for 32 years) and now live in the Creuse region. She is willing to send instructions ect and be a collection point. We will regularly take them back to the UK where they will distrubuted. Thank you xxx

Not sweat shop I assure you please to have a whole day sewing !

I thought sweat shops had been declared illegal years ago!