Harassment

We have recently received the results of an appeal following a long dispute with our neighbour. Since he is unhappy with the result he has begun a campaign of petty harassment, stone throwing, shaking our fenceposts to loosen them, planting trees in front of a window and worst of all throwing cooked bones that our dog has picked up three days running. We never give him bones of any sort and cooked bones are particularly dangerous as they can shatter when chewed and the shards lodge in the digestive tract.

Is there anything we can do?

Thank-you in advance.

Hello All, a

A friend is in the process of selling her house, through an agent, to another English couple.
The agent has told her that she has to go to her Notaire and make a declaration that she has no debts.
He has told her this is not relating to mortgages (she doesnt have a mortgage on the property) but to all debts!!.

He has also told her that she can either employ a company to do this, or at possible cost of up to 2000euros!!! Or simply ask a friend to sign a declaration!!!

Anyone know anything about this please?

Sandy Whitehead

This looks the job - http://www.networkwebcams.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1124

Yes - but there was no mention of recording software included with it - I swear by panasonic - latest affordable cameras like this http://www.networkwebcams.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=1072 and I record to a apple mac with Ben Birds Security spy software - I am just looking to see if there is something for your pc as an alternative, back in a mo

Is this the sort of thing? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Outdoor-Wireless-IP-Wi-Fi-IR-Web-Cam-Spy-Camera-Foscam-/270736101557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f092110b5

Thanks Greg!

Hi Wendy

If you can afford to or want to do it, get a couple of web IP cameras which can be setup to record 24 hours a day - which you can review the footage and save any bits useful as evidence - which you can pass on to the authorities - I do this myself as I mentioned to you before we also have neighbours from hell. Having the cameras in plain sight also makes them think twice. Feel free to phone me if you want to chat about it - keep your chin up x

Thanks Stu, without spending all my life with my camera in the undergrowth, waiting for him to strike, I don’t know how I’ll manage that, even if we had a security camera it would’nt cover every point…plus I imagine they’re a bit pricey???

Thanks Alexa, I’ll need it!

I am with you on this, our local gendarmerie is totally useless when you want to log a complaint but even without proof they have to take it, you need to be firm on it. Good luck with it.

Hi Wendy

Film him, and tell him you will use it as proof, it may actually make him see sense. Unless of course he doesn’t care. But you will need something to back up your claim.

Good luck
Stu

Thanks David…previous experience with the gendarmerie does not inspire me with optimism, I’m afraid and apart from actually witnessing him with my own eyes, I have no proof.

Make a ‘Porte Plainte’ at your local gendarmerie. Insist you want to make the complaint, make sure they log it, and then they have to act on it. Otherwise under harassment laws see a lawyer.