Has Anyone Successfully Repaired A Plastic Sunlounger Before?

Having watched this all, from afar…
might I just put forward an idea

If the sunlounger needing mending… is to be used by paying guests… I would suggest replacing it with another lounger, rather than risk it “giving up the ghost” and possibly injuring said guest…
such in incident might cause far more financial problems than simply the price of another chair… :wink:

1 Like

Ahh the paranoid 21st century where we let go of sense and roll over.
Looking at it another way dont let fat guests sit on them.

Nothing to do with paranoi as far as I am concerned…

Looking at things, in the very best way… give guests the decent chairs and take the broken one yourself…

oooo dangerous territory :grinning:
Who will be the arbiter of what constitutes a “fat guest”?:thinking:
A pass sanitaire from commejaime France with a certificate of your BMI?

I recall a case where a company cleared the snow at their entrance … and was later found guilty of “whatever” when an employee slipped and was injured.

Seems if the company hadn’t “taken responsibility” for the snow (huh???) the person slipping wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on… :joy: :rofl: :wink:

Is that a real story or urban myth, heard so many times in all different places. Personally it sounds like an excuse for a lazy person to not carry out the task.
BTW, should have gritted/salted the area after clering away the bulk snow but there again that means fore thought to organise the correct materials for winter and lazy people just dont do that.
I make people like that quite angry by showing them up and doing the clearing properly.

how are you fixed next Friday?

2 Likes

It is a real case… I worked for the company concerned… and, NO, I didn’t clear the snow but I made jolly sure that no-one touched the white stuff in future.

Incidentally, it was not a question of lazy or anything negative… it was someone trying to helpfully ease the access after a horrendous snow storm…

Maybe but a building has a building manager or facilities manager whos responsible for ensuring safe access and egress from a building. Shirking responsibilities is quite common.
Where I worked there had been numerous falls and under the radar payments. That is no longer a problem as I fixed the problem for at least the next 10 years and documented the process. Of course now its someone elses responsibility so I would put down quite a wager that the next snow fall they will go right back to pre me days.

The snow incident happened more than 30 years ago,
the poor chap had struggled in and wanted to ease the way for his fellow workers.

Obviously Insurance took care of everything, but I’ve never forgotten the lesson which I (and everyone else) learnt from the results of his spontaneous act…

"Doing the best one can, what can go wrong… what is the worst that might happen… ? "

(and of course “the worst” depends on the subject/circumstances at the time…)