Has Covid found its way into your dreams?

Southerners start at the Scottish border, just saying :grin:

1 Like

Ah but… @graham it were definitely north of Watford in the days of my misspent yoof in London’s East End years before the M1 was built and Watford in Northants was still a couple of muddy fields… I yield to no-one in the etymology of this famous slur from denizens of the benighted sarf about local geography.

Yours indignantly, defiantly and breathlessly

Brummie Pete

but Gobbles… I’m a Manchester lad… none of that sarfin knats pass has pissed my lips :grin:

2 Likes

Boddingtons, a local pub to me was known as Boddies and was the scene of many a fight on a Friday or Saturday night. They had to take it back to the beginning and make a gastro pub in the end

Years back I knew an old Yorkshire chap whose favourite quote was “Lips that have touched kippers will never touch mine”.

I shudder to think about the provenance of the phrase though it is very memorable… :hugs:

Wasn’t that the Moss Side Brewery @Eddie

The brewery I can remember was by Strangeways Thwaites were in Blackburn until recently

Sure there was one in Moss Side… I think it was Hydes Brewery which became Boddies cask conditioning plant… but yes, Strangeways out towards Salford… at Her Majesty’s pleasure :wink:

Not advised to spray that over fellow drinkers in Salford on a busy Friday night :grin: