Have a Happy Friday!

It was a real mess Ian. 5.5L of choucroute mixed in with broken glass & broken earthenware chunks wasn't great and the smell could have been better. I washed the floor three times with my trusty karcher until the stickiness finally surrendered.

I'm now investigating the crock pots online. I used it at least once each week so I need to extract digit pronto !

*ghastly image of shattered choucroute stock-pot*

Nae bother Peter, slip round by the back so them Nosy Parkers opposite won't know there's apéros and meaty soups going :)

The decorating business is on my Order Sheet for Sunday.... :(

The apéro & thick meaty soup sounds just up my rue Ian, i'll be there for 1800 hrs !

A rare lay-in for me. yesterday started off bad and got worse when the 'boss' dropped the crock-pot containing her home-made choucroute (she's from Lorraine). The invited neighbours who were present when the catastrophe occurred took it well even when presented with a hastily made salmon salad with nems & oinion bahjees oiginally intended to accompany the apéro ! Red & white white softened the blow a bit more and a good time was eventually had by all !

A late night ensued hence the late start. I've been told I/we have to decorate the plastic tree (which is shedding needles !!!) so a chilly trip to the loft beckons. Salad lunch followed by a trip to the bank then house cleaning and cooking later. Looking forward a hot meal later after yesterdays balls up ! Chicken patiently waiting to be roasted.

Grrr how come everyone has access to fish n'chips on here! Supposed to be a tourist area this, no chippy round here tho

*grumble*

Nam nam ! Mushy peas are included, I hope ?

We're going to Gensac...meeting up with a load of friends...some new some old...and having a traditional fish and chip supper......sounds good to me...:-)

I was born on Good Friday.

Nuff said!

Just back from the market with a bag of onions (and had the usual round of handshakes with the old geezers like myself), then have to go to Briançon to score some wooden lengths for a temporary garden shelter we're setting up (for summer tyres and sundry other bits of equipment for which we've got no room elsewhere!). Then got some manure to spread this afternoon when hopefully the biting icy north wind will have mellowed a little. They're predicting snow at 600m for this weekend so better get all that done today sharpish :)

Then there will be a decent apéro and the thick meaty soup I made from the remains of the potée.

And tomorrow we've got the Xmas Market here, where I usually find some decent second-hand books, and there's rugby on the telly - Munster v Clermont, should be good rumpus.

Don't have five minutes to call me own :)

Hello Catherine

My memories of child tasks are dimming, but I can recall the constant ferrying to sport; soccer, basketball, futsal, little athletics etc.

My daughter has just completed a tough double degree - Chemical Engineering/Finance - which took her five years. My son, who is late to tertiary studies at age 24, has just finished his first semester of a Commerce degree. I am a proud dad.

Today has been a glorious summer day in Adelaide, thankfully not scorching hot. We had our carpets cleaned, which involved a lot of furniture shifting. Once the mood had taken us, we swept through the house in a belated spring clean. I am now relaxing under the pergola in my garden, with a glass of Domaine de la Croix, a rather insipid looking rose but delightful on the palate.

Enjoy your weekend.

Tony