Have you fixed your online, auto translate!?

To be fair that would probably have me wobbling as well :slight_smile:

They’ve improved immensely since the AI/Neural network based translators came in but, as you say, there is a long way to go. It might even be that we need to wait for the fabled “General AI” before they get as good as a decent human translator.

2 Likes

That could be why I have sometimes examined a page of tax blurb, expecting to make English sense of it, and a few hours later, found myself incapable of actually carrying out its instructions!
Somewhere nestling in that fine prose, was some meaningless gibberish, that anyone who understood the Fr. Impots system, or had a better grasp of French than I do, would have spotted!
Very interesting! Having nothing better, for speedy translation, all the same, it will serve well enough. Thank you Anna!

Yes! Haha! Totally skewed meaning! That could certainly account for vague sense of…w.t.f.? After an all day sitting with a pageful of apparently rational impots instructions!

Finding a ne, with a pas missing! Thats a puzzle that has only just found its solution, since '58! There’s no way to find answers when you can’t properly express the question!
“Why is there no pas with that ne?” ! Very good!